PL

5 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 2

Clean Windows 7 installation - U410

2016-12-15, 7:31 AM

Hi there;)

I have bought used a U410 ultrabook, which has been previously formatted.

I have created bootable USB drive with windows 7 and downloaded rapid storage technology drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

In bios settings i have chosen RAID, disabled uefi-boot and then disabled intel rapid start.

Afterwards i have inserted usb drive and started installing WIndows 7. I reached the point where i had to choose a hard drive to install windows to, i clicked browse and marked correct driver but i received a message saying that this driver is unsigned etc, so i have downloaded nearly 10 different versions of rapid storage driver but it didnt help at all.

Could you help me please get this working ?

Options

919 Posts

07-05-2016

GB

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Clean Windows 7 installation - U410

2016-12-19, 11:58 AM

wrote:

Hi there;)

I have bought used a U410 ultrabook, which has been previously formatted.

I have created bootable USB drive with windows 7 and downloaded rapid storage technology drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

In bios settings i have chosen RAID, disabled uefi-boot and then disabled intel rapid start.

Afterwards i have inserted usb drive and started installing WIndows 7. I reached the point where i had to choose a hard drive to install windows to, i clicked browse and marked correct driver but i received a message saying that this driver is unsigned etc, so i have downloaded nearly 10 different versions of rapid storage driver but it didnt help at all.

Could you help me please get this working ?

Hi xaxvix,

The easiest way to get your machine back up and running would be to get the recovery media direct from lenovo. This has all the information built into it for successful deployment.

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete