Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhow
Paper Tape
Views: 4,469
Message 1 of 5

Cracked LCD Screen

Hi Everyone

I cracked my LCD and need to replace it where can I buy one?

Model-4231 S 10

Size-10.1 I think?

Specs

Gig

160 HD

Build in Cam

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 4,435
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cracked LCD Screen

Hi

Please open the link:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-71077

You can find various parts for S10 there.

Jhow
Paper Tape
Views: 4,399
Message 3 of 5

When I contacted Lenovo they would not sell me a replacement LCD  screen, they said I had to send it to a TX repair depot at a cost of $182.00 + S/H both ways. To R and R the screen would not require that I had attended MIT, the directions are in the user guide.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,385
Message 4 of 5

Hi, if you have experience via Training Videos and a good screwdriver you change  LCD  do it self...Smiley Happy

or sell the broken machine as sparepart and buy a new one , its more efficient ... instead of repair due service in this case...

sincerely KalvinKlein

Yoga Home 900 - Yoga 2 11- Yoga tablet 2 all WIN 10 1809
Moto Z Play - Moto Z2 Play
Former Administrator
Views: 4,376
Message 5 of 5

Jhow,

The LCD & Lid are  often replaced as an assembly and for simplicity, the depot has tiered billing rates (flat fees) rather than doing a "parts & labor" type of billing.  

Customers that have a regular S10 would typically have the depot option as we don't sell parts for the IdeaPads individually.   The S10e, which KalveinKlein linked to, was a commercial model, primarily intended for education markets in the US, and support for it does include individual parts and it is serviced through a different repair center.  Individual parts could be ordered for it by calling 800-388-7080 in the US.  On these models, (and I know the S10 is noted on the page) the individual components inlcuding the LCD itself are listed seperately.

As the S10 and S10e are very similar mechanically, clever customers could order parts for the S10e and use them to repair out of warranty S10's.   Given the pricing models, this might be a good alternative for things like the keyboard - I've not priced out all the parts to see if there are savings vs the quoted repair prices for all the components.   Also, as this is not what was intended in our service model, I can't officially recommend this approach as a solution. 

Best regards,

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors