08-15-2017 07:38 PM
Not sure whats ging on with my Ideapad. I can see that the power is working but the screen remains BLACK. I think it may be the display card, but I'm not sure. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good Lenovo Repair store close to Philadelphia?
Any advise would help!
08-15-2017 09:58 PM
Welcome to Lenovo Community!
As I understand that you are facing issues with your Ideapad U310 touch display, however when you power on the unit there is power but no display and the screen remains black.
Here are the troubleshooting steps that you may try
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.
In addition, here are further service centers that you can also check
I hope the above information helps.
Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!
Tap that kudos button if I helped.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!