10-04-2019

US

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

Differences between Edge series and L series

2019-10-04, 11:20 AM

Hi guys, my 6 years old Asus is starting to show signs of age, and I was thinking about replacing it with a Thinkpad. Being a poor man, the T or X series is out of question for me (sadly). So I was thinking about getting either the E460 (if it's one day available in France ...) or the L450 laptop. Given everythin I read here, I'm still not clear about the differences between the E series and the L series , they have almost the same price and configuration. Does someone know what are the main differences between the two series ? Should I take the E460 or the L450 ?

Options

10846 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6910 Signins

735709 Page Views

• Views: 735709
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Differences between Edge series and L series

2019-10-04, 13:50 PM

Hi raoulalien,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Among the Thinkline (business class) models, E series starts as a low cost small business machines but enough features to offer security and productivity for Small Business.

Going up the ladder, is the mainstream business laptop L series that may cost higher than the E series but offers added features and sturdier build while maintaining a sleekier design.

This is how the series goes but each series have specific model and features to offer differnciated by its machine type model / MTM (ex. 20ET0000**).

Best way to decide here is to know what particular features you need and compare it to which specific model and specifications. The more feature and capacity would now change the costing. 

Personally, next is to consult colleague that have the same business (including the applications and demands) on what works for them best. Then to narrow down with customer feedback on a specific model (sales reviews and community forums).

From the suggestions you can decide yourself which would offer you the best series and machine model for your needs.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete