Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lswpriscill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,851
Message 1 of 5

Factory recovery

Hi,

i want to reformat my computer back to factory settings, so i tried clicking on OneKey Recovery. and i got 2 options - to Backup
- or to create a CD... but i realise that to create the recovery CD, i need to do a backup of the system which will take 10 hours...

can i ask if i can restory my laptop back to factory settings without having to go thru this system backup..

my laptop model is Ideapad U350

thnks alot

maf
Token Ring
Views: 1,810
Message 2 of 5

Re: Factory recovery

You do not have to perform back-up first. Select the Restore option instead. After you have restored, then create your recovery disc. It should only take 20 minutes or so.  If the Restore Option is not showing, try turning off your PC and restarting it by pressing the OneKey Restore button.  Unless you have reformatted or changed partition sizes you should be seeing a Restore option in addition to backup and create recovery disc.

lswpriscill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,791
Message 3 of 5

thanks so much for the reply. after restarting a million times, i still dont see the Restore Option.. does that mean that my partition size changed? i hav no idea wad that is so maybe i have accidentally changed it..

well okay the problem with my lappie is that i think i did an improper shut down and after that when i on the lappie again, before the windows started up, the lappie stated that there were some corrupted files and so they were deleting them..

then i think when the windows started up, sidebar couldnt start up and what's worse is that there is no folder left in the network & connections folder.. so i cant even detect any network now...

hope im making sense. please help!
lswpriscill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,785
Message 4 of 5

THANKS ALOT FOR UR HELP. I MANAGED TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE!
Bluebean
What's DOS?
Views: 837
Message 5 of 5

Hi there can I ask how you resolved it? Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors