02-13-2019 06:43 AM
Hello Lenovo Community,
I have a Lenovo U41-70 80JV. It was a birthday gift from my friend. I have been using this laptop for 2 years already. For some reason, I had a BIOS password in my computer. I was lucky that I don't have to type the BIOS Password while powering on the computer. I need to change my boot options but I cannot get into BIOS. Here is what I have tried so far:
- Use cmospwd-5.0 -> Command Prompt -> ioperm.exe -i -> StartService function call failed
- Use Master Password -> Failed
- Use bios-pw.org -> BIOS doesn't show error code
- Kill CMOS Battery -> Waited 30 minutes -> Failed
- Pull out jumpers -> Do not see any jumpers
- Use KillCMOS3.0 -> Killed -> Password didn't reset
Someone told me to use dip switches but I cannot locate it because I don't have an exact picture of it
Any help, thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-14-2019 12:51 PM
There is no reset or backdoor password. The choices are to remember the password or replace the motherboard.