cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waichihang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,117
Message 1 of 2

HELP! My U41-70 laptop have no backlight keyboard!!!!

Hi there! I recently bought the new laptop U41-70 I5 500GB 8GB, since i thought it dont have keyboard backlight function, even i found related setting in Lenovo Settings application, but i clicked on the icon, what it does but only the icon changed and keyboard still nth happen...

So when i totally gave up, and realized it probably have no such function installed in U41-70 laptop...

after i read this post

Lenovo U41-70 new laptop's keyboard backlight is not switching OFF !!

I think sth is wrong with my laptop :\ should i go and ask the Lenovo support team in my area?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,091
Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP! My U41-70 laptop have no backlight keyboard!!!!

hi waichihang,

Your problem might be similar to this thread.

You can easily spot a keyboard with a backiit feature if there's a "crown" like logo on the space bar and if the keyboard lights up on boot-up. You can also manually toggle the keyboard backlights by pressing Fn+Space.

backlit keyboard.jpg 

If you don't see this "crown" like logo on the space bar and neither the keyboard lights up on boot-up then the model that you received doesn't have a backlight keyboard.

In addition, for the backlit to work, the following must be met:

1. Compatible backlit-type keyboard must be used.

2. The motherboard must have a keyboard power connector to power up the backlight.

- Link to picture

- Link to picture

If one of the above is missing / not present, the backlit feature will not work.

Let me know how it looks like on your machine..

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors