Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xander_ah
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 1 of 4

Has my SSD died?

Hey there. I let my U410 (with HDD+SSD cache) sleep overnight and after about 8 hours I turned the computer back on to find that it had shut down unexpectedly (instead of hibernating). I then received an error message informing me that Intel Rapid Start Technology was not enabled on my machine. For the past few months the laptop had been suffering from a bit of instability (which I intuitively put down to a SSD caching driver issue because the laptop would pause or freeze occasionally when pulling data from the cache), but now it seems like it was more likely a hardware issue because my SSD is now not being detected at all. In the BIOS the Intel Rapid Start Partition Status is marked as INVALID (and the SSD section is blank in the boot order page) and no software on my computer (CMD; HDTune; Intel Rapid Storage; Disk Management) can see any SSD installed.

Capture3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Should I send my laptop in for repair? Or is there another explanation?

bseb
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 2 of 4

Re: Has my SSD died?

I have the exact same problem as the above mentioned... Can anybody help ?!

Thanks
gdude87
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 3 of 4

yeah.... sadly i had this problem awhile ago, and others before.

if you were to plug in you ssd to a computer you may see a red light Smiley Sad which to me is the red light of DEATH 

sadly it cant be fixed unless you return it to the company you got it from if you still have warrenty, but you will still lose everything. 

there is a way to check the it can still be read by putting in a boot disk for windows and going to the command prompt, but sadly when you try to fix it it wont do anything. reset and suddenly the drive disapears. 

check if you have warrenty and stay  away for ocz drives when buying an ssd dont look for the cheapest one.

"you get what you pay for" 

bseb
What's DOS?
Views: 221
Message 4 of 4

I think you have a different problem... our SSD is incorporated into the laptop (Lenovo U410) and it is used for caching... it cannot be pluged in or out..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors