Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

How can I install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

[ Edited ]

Lenovo Masters:

Good day to you all.

I would like to ask how can I install WinXP in my S10 (no DVD drive)?  First, I want to share that I committed the mistake of using it without any anti-virus software installed.  As a result, it bugged down.  Now in my attempt to reformat it and make it as fresh as day one, I followed the steps on how to make a bootable USB drive.  I was not aware that this unit is only compatible with WinXP (I tried to upgrade to Win7).  And in the process, I deleted both partitions of the HDD.. Now I'm receiving the message "windows was not able to detect a hard drive.. blah.. blah.." dead end for me..

Can anyone grant me his/her generosity and enlighten me on what to do? Badly need help.. Thanks! 

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: How to install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

And may I add.. should the only solution be ordering a recovery disc(s), how can I process the purchase and where? Thanks again masters..

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: How can I install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

you should format the partitions, i think, you haven't done it so, windows can't detect any harddisk installed or your harddisk is dead.

try to format the disk by using windows installation ( usb ) and try to install again.

also, check if you see your hdd under bios ( press f2 to load bios, then check bios order )

ordering recovery discs won't help you due to you don't have any dvd-rom. i suggest you to call lenovo support line and ship your laptop back to service to reset your harddisk to its default.
( lenovo may charge you )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Highlighted
0 Kudos

Re: How can I install Windows XP on my Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 with all partitions deleted?

Hi and welcome,

could be that you miss to include Sata driver (and  Service Pack 3)  on your install  USB drive , further info about clean install take a look  here in our  Knowledgebase ...

regards KalvinKlein