cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagatyh
Punch Card
Views: 3,269
Message 21 of 34

Re: How can the S10 OKR key be remapped?

First of all, id like to make sure that we are not fighting over this issue, we are just arguing for the sake of knowledge Smiley Very Happy

I scanned the "F8" key on my netbook and desktop and both returned the value "66" which indicates that "66" is a universal value of "F8". Also on the homepage of KeyTweak it states:

"Can KeyTweak affect the Fn key on my laptop? No, that key doesn't generate scancodes."

which in my guessing means that the OKR key is a combination of "F8" and an unidentified, "Fn" like, code.

Please scan the "F8" key on your netbook and verify the results..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T / 2xATI HD5770 CF / 8GB DDR3 / 4x500GB RAID-5 / Win 7 Ultimate x64
Lenovo S10e Black / 2GB DDR2 / 160GB HDD / 6-cell battery / Win 7 Ultimate x86
Motorola Xoom
Junner2003
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,264
Message 22 of 34

@nagatyh wrote:

First of all, id like to make sure that we are not fighting over this issue, we are just arguing for the sake of knowledge Smiley Very Happy

I scanned the "F8" key on my netbook and desktop and both returned the value "66" which indicates that "66" is a universal value of "F8". Also on the homepage of KeyTweak it states:

"Can KeyTweak affect the Fn key on my laptop? No, that key doesn't generate scancodes."

which in my guessing means that the OKR key is a combination of "F8" and an unidentified, "Fn" like, code.

Please scan the "F8" key on your netbook and verify the results..

I am far away from fighting! Smiley Wink

You can't rely to 100% on that KEYBOARD CHART - manufacturers reserve the rights to map keys differently (mostly done in the BIOS itself). What result do you get when scanning your OKR KEY?

nagatyh
Punch Card
Views: 3,261
Message 23 of 34

Both F8 and OKR return the value 66

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T / 2xATI HD5770 CF / 8GB DDR3 / 4x500GB RAID-5 / Win 7 Ultimate x64
Motorola Xoom
Junner2003
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,257
Message 24 of 34

@nagatyh wrote:

Both F8 and OKR return the value 66

That's exactly my point: it shouldn't be! If both return the same value then both keys should have the same function under Windows and do the exact same thing. Maybe you need to reflash or upgrade your BIOS?

nagatyh
Punch Card
Views: 3,250
Message 25 of 34

Can you please scan and post the codes of your F8 and OKR keys?

Motorola Xoom
Junner2003
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,238
Message 26 of 34

@nagatyh wrote:

Can you please scan and post the codes of your F8 and OKR keys?

Nope, I do no longer have my S10 - replaced it a while ago with a compact 11" laptop. I would have done so otherwise.

cbrander
Paper Tape
Views: 2,648
Message 27 of 34

Has anyone been able to make this work on a U series laptop?  When I try the Key Tweak app, no scan code number is shown when I press the one-key button.  The one key button has to be a key or combination of keys, right?  

Highlighted
mystrdat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,828
Message 28 of 34

KeyTweak will UNFORTUNATELY not help on newer models (like my Lenovo Y560p), which has the FN, OKR and a few other keys coded on low level (or maybe as a HID device?). Either way the only path to salvation lies within Lenovo to:

1) Release some source code around those keys.

2) Release some USEFUL application for once that would allow users to remap these keys.

3) Some RawInput from HID interface program (if the special keys are a separate HID device, which I am not sure of).

This would be just so awesome, Lenovo pretty please?

naftyj
What's DOS?
Views: 1,725
Message 29 of 34

I Followed you instruction, But now how do I put One Key Recovery (OKR) to the OKR Key

(Right now when I push it it mutes)

heian
Punch Card
Views: 1,481
Message 30 of 34

Hi,

I was pointed to interesting old thread, as a reply on my question here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Onekey-Recovery-7-0-Engineering/td-p/709075

I  just want the onekey recovery button to work again, even i bought my laptop without OS,

and installed my own Windows 7 ultimate.

Please Lenovo, release the software and information to make this 'Novo' button to work, after people installed

their new harddrive or own OS.  PLEASE.......

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors