cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkpc621
Punch Card
Views: 498
Message 1 of 7

How do I accelerate my HDD using Intel Rapid Storage Technology on my U310?

I have tried to accelerate but clicking ok on my HDD does nothing. My SSD is already set on caching. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 465
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I accelerate my HDD using Intel Rapid Storage Technology on my U310?

hi tkpc621,

Newer U310 models uses Expresscache for data caching. If you have the machine configured in RAID and caching via the Intel Smart response Technology (via this guide) but it's not working then consider uninstalling that software and install Expresscache and observe.

Links and guides:

- Reconfigure Expresscache

- Expresscache v1.3.110

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

tkpc621
Punch Card
Views: 452
Message 3 of 7

How do I know if I have a newer model of U310? I thought all U310 models use Intel cache because the support page only has that software. The only problem is HDD doesn't accelerate after pressing ok.

Link to image

Moderator comment: Image(s) converted to link(s). For helpful information, please see: About Posting Pictures In The Forums.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 438
Message 4 of 7

hi tkpc621,

Newer U310 models are usually the systems preloaded with Win8, has a touchscreen, and are not listed in this pdf datasheet.

As for the accelerate option not working, is your Windows7 installation set as non-UEFI? 

More info:

https://communities.intel.com/message/138345

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

tkpc621
Punch Card
Views: 429
Message 5 of 7

I am not sure what UEFI is, but my U310 is Windows 7 and does not have a touch screen. The SSD inside is by Samsung. I am pretty sure I have the old model.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 405
Message 6 of 7

hi tkpc621,

There were reports that the caching feature of Intel RST won't work on UEFI (check this wiki article for a brief explanation of UEFI).but If you have the old U310 model then it's likely that you have Windows 7 installed in legacy mode

Other things that you can try:

1. From this section, click the Reset to available on the SSD configuration to free up the cached space.

2. Open up disk management, resize your system volume (466GB) by shrinking it then resize it back (see this guide)

3. Follow step 5-11 of this setup guide and use all the SSD space as cache.

If the caching feature still doesn't work, consider installing Expresscache.

- Reconfigure Expresscache

- Expresscache v1.3.110

Regards

tkpc621
Punch Card
Views: 388
Message 7 of 7

I tried shrinking and resize it back then accelerate it but it still did not work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors