cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sammyfung
What's DOS?
Views: 276,616
Message 1 of 32

How to enter BIOS setup in IdeaPad S10's boot boost mode ?

My IdeaPad S10 didn't prompt F2 to enter BIOS setup after power on. I googled similiar case of other brand's netbooks but I stil couldn't enter BIOS setup.

So how should I enter BIOS setup in boot boost mode on Ideapad S10 ?

Thank you.

Retired Guru
Views: 275,593
Message 2 of 32

Re: How to enter BIOS setup in IdeaPad S10's boot boost mode ?

Maybe you're using hibernation? Try simply log into sytem and then shut down (not hibernate). After this maybe the issue will go away.
//help will save the world
sammyfung
What's DOS?
Views: 275,565
Message 3 of 32

@skripatch wrote:
Maybe you're using hibernation? Try simply log into sytem and then shut down (not hibernate). After this maybe the issue will go away.
No, I am not using hibernation.
I cannot press F2 to enter BIOS setup because BIOS is probably in boot boost mode to speed up the machine boot process, and it won't let you to enter BIOS setup by F2 or sth. by F12.
So, I am looking for any solution to enter BIOS setupp
Sxooter
Token Ring
Views: 275,491
Message 4 of 32

Try delete or F1...
sammyfung
What's DOS?
Views: 275,481
Message 5 of 32

I entered BIOS setup with F2 when it prompted on loading BIOS screen before. But afterward it was in boot boost mode, so it didn't prompt for F2/F12 key to enter sth. in BIOS loading screen.

So I am sure that F2 is the key entering  BIOS setup.

Anyway, I just tried your suggestion to press DEL or F1 key, but it still can't work.

Sxooter
Token Ring
Views: 275,477
Message 6 of 32

Oh, ok.  Then just keep hitting F2 every second after you turn it on then.
sammyfung
What's DOS?
Views: 275,475
Message 7 of 32

@Sxooter wrote:
Oh, ok.  Then just keep hitting F2 every second after you turn it on then.

I tried it before.

And I just tried hitting F1 / F2 / Del every second again after I turn it on, and I am still failureto break the boot boost mode.

And I tried folowign solutions from google.

- Removed AC power and battery, and holding power botton for 10 seconds. (failure)

- Removed memory and hard drive to let S10 found changed hardware config. (failure)

AR15
What's DOS?
Views: 275,324
Message 8 of 32

I had exactly the problem you described.

It happened after I told Windows to "turn off" but then immediately closed the lid (sending it to sleep instead of turning it off).  I then installed a new hard drive.  When I powered back on, the machine would no longer display the prompt to press F2 on the Lenovo POST screen.  I'm guessing that this is so the computer will resume Windows as quickly as possible.

I tried removing the battery, hard drive, leaving it unplugged for a while, etc.  Nothing helped.

I put in the original hard drive, resumed Windows, and did a proper shut down in Windows.

When I powered back on, the F2 prompt returned!  

As to what you should do...I'm guessing you too should try to boot back into Windows and do a proper shut down.  Then see if the F2 prompt returns.

Let us know how you make out! 

BaileyMoto
Punch Card
Views: 275,116
Message 9 of 32

Anyone find a fix to this?  I am having a similar problem after installing windows7
perlphp
Paper Tape
Views: 274,512
Message 10 of 32

AR15 wrote:

I had exactly the problem you described.

It happened after I told Windows to "turn off" but then immediately closed the lid (sending it to sleep instead of turning it off).  I then installed a new hard drive.  When I powered back on, the machine would no longer display the prompt to press F2 on the Lenovo POST screen.  I'm guessing that this is so the computer will resume Windows as quickly as possible.

I tried removing the battery, hard drive, leaving it unplugged for a while, etc.  Nothing helped.

I put in the original hard drive, resumed Windows, and did a proper shut down in Windows.

When I powered back on, the F2 prompt returned!  

As to what you should do...I'm guessing you too should try to boot back into Windows and do a proper shut down.  Then see if the F2 prompt returns.

Let us know how you make out! 

my case is similar to yours, but i have reformatted the original hdd.  and i tried a shutdown and turn on, it didn't work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors