Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlad06
Paper Tape
Views: 311
Message 1 of 4

How to install Windows on Ideapad S206 with SSD

Hello all, I was wondering if you can help me.

I have an IdeaPad S206 and I have physically installed a brand new 256 GB SSD. However, I cannot install any version of Windows on it because the disk doesn't appear in the partitions section  of the Windows installation. 

I've had this before with laptops and older versions of Windows that don't recognise the SSD, and all I had to do in the past was to download the MB/chipset drivers from the manufacturer website and load them from a USB stick during the Windows installation, this usually allows me to install Windows on the SSD.

With this IdeaPad S206 I cannot find any drivers on the website that will allow me to do this. All I can see are exe files, and what I need are the specific driver files.

I've also tried a copy of Windows 10 Pro and that installation doesn't recognise the SSD which is surprising.

Before anyone asks, yes the SSD is working perfectly, to test it out I installed it on a Samsung and Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 and everything was fine.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 288
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to install Windows on Ideapad S206 with SSD

Hi! Welcome to Community Forums. Is the SSD detected in BIOS? Here is the hardware manual of the machine https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_s200_s206_hmm_1st_edition_feb_2012_english.... for your guide on the known SSD that is certified to work with the machine, turn to page 65. Other SSD might not be recognized by the system due to white listing.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

vlad06
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 3 of 4

It's a Corsair SSD, is there no way to load drivers during the Windows installation in order for it to recognise it?

The SSD is recognised in the BIOS.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 275
Message 4 of 4

I see. We could try using the Diskpart Tool on this matter:

1. On the disk selection screen, press SHIFT+F10. A Command Prompt window opens.
2. Type "diskpart", and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.
3. Type "list disk", and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.
4. Type "sel disk number" or "Select disk number" (e.g. select disk 0, select disk 1, select disk 2..) and then press ENTER. The number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.
5. Type "det disk", and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.
6. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type "clean all", and then press ENTER to clean the disk.

All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.
7. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors