Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

I have a S10e now with reformatted but now NTFS. I have been told that I can upgrade to Win 7.

I have updated BIOS from AHCI to Compatible.  I have Windows 7 Home on a bootable flash drive.  When I boot, it boots fine, but after starting, it is looking for a NTFS formatted drive and needs more than 3.8G.  

Can anyone help? 

Any questions please ask,  I would like to get this ideapad running with Windows 7.

Thanks for your time in advance.\

Jack

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: I have a S10e now with reformatted but now NTFS. I have been told that I can upgrade to Win 7.

i'm not sure what you asking but if you want to check if your computer is ready to install windows 7, install windows 7 upgrade advisor.

http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
0 Kudos

Re: I have a S10e now with reformatted but now NTFS. I have been told that I can upgrade to Win 7.

Hi and welcome,

be sure that your Ideapad S10e is updated to BIOS >96  , you can get it IdeaPad S9e,S10e,S10-4329 & 4333 :  Ideapad S10e Vs. a0    that support Win7.

For windows 7 its not necessary to set BIOS Configuration Sata mode AHCI to compatible ...

Windows 7 should recognize your sata drive ... seems that windows 7 found only your install flashdrive (3,7GB)..

that could be if you did not delete all partiitons ... you can prepare this before with i.e.  partitionwizard  ,

best is delete .. all partitions and create one active primary min 30 GB thats enough for windows 7 and a second part for your data... pics movies music document.....

sincerely KalvinKlein