cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbne
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 1 of 2

IDEAPAD U410 Technical Support - Did they really fix it?

Hi everyone,

My repair saga continues -my laptop screen turned on when I shut the machine down - sent it in and they replaced the display which didn't fix the problem so it went back and I've just received my repaired laptop - and I have a few questions:

1) If they replace what they call the 'mainboard' would that result in me losing all my data?  Or is the hard drive separate and the data would/could get retained?

2) Following that question is whether it is possible to replace the battery separately from the rest of the systemboard? (Is the systemboard and mainboard the same thing??)

3) Has anyone else ever received their system returned with it running slow and additional software installed?

4) If a technical supervisor promises that your warranty will be extended by 90 days has anyone had them renege on the promise?  How quickly would you expect it to show up online?

Thanks in advance!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 233
Message 2 of 2

Re: IDEAPAD U410 Technical Support - Did they really fix it?

Hi

Welcome to the forum!!!

1) After mainboard replacement, the hardware wont(in most cases) be formatted without the discretion of the user.

2) System and mainboard are same, AFAIK, the battery is replacable. You will need to ask the service centre to do so, since your model(U410) has a inbuilt battery which should be replaced by the manufacturer only since it voids warranty 

3) Yes, the laptop will start to work slowly. This is because of the hardware change. Reformat is advisable.

4) Following every mainboard replacement, the warranty is renewed for 3 months which is applicable on mainboard only and no other parts. Just keep your service bill, complaint number ready if you need to use it.

I have answered following my experience in getting my y560's mainboard replaced.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors