Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unbeatable
Paper Tape
Views: 1,813
Message 1 of 5

IdeaPad S10-3 broken hinge

The right plastic hinge of my S10-3 laptop broke off for no reason. I always close my netbook properly and always take good care of it. This netbook has been with me for almost 2 years already. What would happen if I didn't repair my laptop right away? Is there a way to repair it without spending too much, I mean it's just a hinge. I read from other forums that repairing that part could cost approximately $300.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,796
Message 2 of 5

Re: IdeaPad S10-3 broken hinge

hi unbeatable.

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If you hear squeaky sound when you open your LCD screen or you feel that the left / right hinges are getting loose then I recommend you have it serviced as it can damage the bottom platic if left unrepaired.

You can get spare here:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-3 Left and Right Hinge Set

And you can follow this diassembly guide or this video as a reference. If you're not comfortable opening the laptop, you can have it service at a local computer repair store.

Note:

Use ESD protection and be careful in diassembling your PC as it has parts that are easily breakable.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

unbeatable
Paper Tape
Views: 1,783
Message 3 of 5

I'll just have it repair and hope I can have it repair in a cheaper price but thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid of disassembling the laptop myself.
subgr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,630
Message 4 of 5

Totally wrong answer and misleading info here. The problem was the blinking black plastic attached to the bezel that was broken so this guy had just to replace the lcd bezel and not the hinges.

mutahhar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,321
Message 5 of 5

here you can find the solution, how to repair it by urself if you are lil techy

click this link

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors