Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARC11
Paper Tape
Views: 313
Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad S205 keeps shutting down

Hi there I hope someone can help me with this problem.

I bought my IdeaPad S205 10 months ago and it has worked like a dream, until the last few weeks when it will intermittently and unexpectedly completely shuts down instantly and with no warning.

This happens both when the battery is full and when plugged in.

I think it has happened more often when I have physically moved the netbook, but I have not been moving it much at all, just shifting its position on the desk.

It is very frustrating as I lose my work and have to reboot completely every time.

Any ideas on why this could be happening and what I can do to remedy it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Alice

stahlnase
Punch Card
Views: 300
Message 2 of 3

Betreff: IdeaPad S205 keeps shutting down

Hi Alice,

is it crashing with a blue screen or instantly going black (like crashing)?

Greets,

stahlnase

SoniaGill
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaPad S205 keeps shutting down

Hi Alice. I have a similar problem. I have an ideapad netbook from s10 series (I don't remembere the exact model) and after chancing butary because I burned the previous on my netbook shuts down out of the blue, with no warning. The screen turns black in a sec and the computer turns off imidiatly and it won't go on for sometime. It might turn on if I plug it and unplug it or put out and then in the battery but then it does it again and again. It turns off no matter if I have it plugged in with the charger or the batary is full.

I had it cleaned because I thought it was the cooling system but the problem did not stop..

What should I do?

If you get a good answer help me please.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors