Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WindyCityRockr
Paper Tape
Views: 778
Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad S405 Questions

I recently bought the IdeaPad S405 with an AMD A6 processor, and have a couple questions about it.

1. I have seen the Lenovo Quick Start technology touted online and even in the manual for my computer, but it doesn't seem to work, and I have not found any information or software about it. What's up with it?

2. I have read in a few places that it has an extra mSATA slot. Does that allow me to install an SSD alongside the HDD, or can I only insert an SSD if I remove the HDD?

3. I know that in the official documentation it says that the S405 is limited to 4GB of RAM, but is that official or just a way to prevent people from trying to upgrade it? There are a few single-card 8GB RAMs that would fit inside, but I'm reluctant to try it. Has anyone successfully done it, and if not, what is preventing it from happening? It's surely not software, as it ships with 64-bit Windows.

Thanks for your help!

uhsiracu
Paper Tape
Views: 722
Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaPad S405 Questions

Hi WindyCityRockr,

I have a S400, but I think it will be the same... I've spoken with a guy who made RAM upgrade (from 4 to 8 gb) and he told me that his S400 support 8gb; in addition he also mountend a SSD in the m-sata slot, keeping the HDD in its place.

Hope to be helpfull.

Francesco

kolor9
Paper Tape
Views: 706
Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaPad S405 Questions

I have S400 and heard its max is 4gb ram
but i bought 8gb and it seems to work fine

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors