DE

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 1

IdeaPad S540-15IWL keyboard issue

2019-12-22, 1:21 AM

Hello community,

I recently bought a S540 and sadly the keboard is driving me nuts. The keys are a wobbly mess. If I don't hit the key pretty much dead center, the keystroke won't be registered. As you can imagine, having only a small area where the key actually triggers a response is frustrating. Moreover the haptic feedback of the keys is missleading. The "haptic click" doesn't necessarily mean, that the key was registered. Combine that with the wobbly keys, that don't register a keystroke on most of the area anyway, then you can imagine how frustrating working on that thing can get.

I have a few pictures addedd to this post. Neither of the keystrokes you see in the pictures were a registered key press. Maybe it's hard to see in the pictures what I am feeling, but at least you can see how wobbly the keys are. Even the cheapest keyboards I've used didn't behaved like that.

I tried removing some keycaps to look if something of the scissor mechanism was missing or if I see anything wrong at all. Sadly it looks all normal to me.

I also had a S540 14 inch (10th generation i5) for a few days, before I decided to get a 15 inch model (8th generation i5) with a dedicated graphics card. One thing I remember was, that it had a pretty good keyboard. Now I'm asking myself, if Lenovo puts THAT differend keyboards in almost the same models or if my keyboard is faulty. Maybe someone has a similar model and can report how their keyboard feels.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete