cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jameson
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 313
Message 1 of 1

IdeaPad U310 - WiFi Frequently Drops, Will Not Reconnect (Disconnect/Reconnect/Restart rarely works)

I have a U310 running Windows 8.1 that has had issues since it was purchased 1.5 years ago. The SSD died shortly after purchase, and was replaced by Lenovo (but not programmed at all...they just threw a new SSD in and no formatting was done). This computer does not boot quickly, but I can live with that. The real issue is the WiFi connectivity. This unit recognizes my home network, but often will not connect. After turning WiFi on/off, or disconnecting and reconnecting, it often says that the network is connected but the signal is limited. Alternatively, it will say the computer is connected to the network with full bars, but the internet will not load and Chrome (and other browsers) do not recognize a connection. All other wireless devices in my home work perfectly and NEVER drop the connection. This Lenovo is the only unit experiencing any issues. I've re-installed the WiFi drivers, but no change in activity was noted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to purchase a new computer, but this unit needs to be able to connect to WiFi reliably. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors