Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,691
Message 11 of 23

Re: IdeaPad U310 - no hibernate after clean install

huberste,

Share this hibernation options discussion with you. Not sure if it helps you but at least give it a try.

- Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Liken
Punch Card
Views: 2,406
Message 12 of 23

Hi Huberste,

I would really appreciate some direction on how you managed to do that clean install. I got a u410 and repartitioning messed up th whole raid array. So I tried a re-install and Windows always hangs at 21% drivers expanding. And since yesterday I cannot even get into the BIOS anymore!

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

huberste
Serial Port
Views: 2,403
Message 13 of 23

Oh, for not being able to enter BIO I cannot help you. Maybe try using the Fn-Buttons together with the F2 button, that helped me sometimes. Also just start the Ultrabook with the Backup-Button, this will give you the chance to go to BIOS.

This became a real mess.

at the moment i have completely deactivated the RAID in the BIOS, as i've installed three OSs on my Lenovo U310.

But to the clean Install: I've had installed Win7 Professional, and had to use the Drivers on disc D (labeled "LENOVO") during the installation process for the setup to find the devices. Then killed all partitions and repartitioned the "virtual Drive" (the "Raid" of SSD & HDD) (somewhat 100&150 GB or so, OS & Data). worked like a charm, i think.

Tele-Supporting is always a bit of a hassle, o sorry for not being more accurate. Also, my last "fakeraid" installation is several weeks back now and I don't remember for sure. Just try stuff, you'll surely find out ;-)

greetings from Germany,

huberste

Liken
Punch Card
Views: 2,394
Message 14 of 23

Hi Huberste,

thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately neither Fn+F2 nor F2 by itself work, neither does the recovery key. I got so desperate to install this thing that at some point I disabled UEFI boot in the Bios and since then cannot get into the Bios anymore. Since the whole Laptop is completely sealed there is no way to open it up and manually reset either.

If at least I could get the stupid thing to install, but like I said, loading the RAID driver won't help, still Win 7 install crashes when the drivers try to get expanded to about 201%.

Now you write:

"...BootIt NG (GParted didn't exactly to what I wanted...)..."

I used GParted but with no sucess and it looks like I am not really enough of a geek to understand what I am trying to do anyways. Would you mind sharing how you partitioned the drive in NootIt NG?

Thanks!

BTW - originally from Germany too, so we could have this discussion in Deutsch, but that might help nobody else here...

huberste
Serial Port
Views: 2,388
Message 15 of 23

Whoah, i've had totally forgotten abaout that BootIt part...

I think, Windows installer would've done the same, but I dind't want Windows7 to make that nasty 100 MB boot Partition, and it doesn't make it when you pre-partition the HDD.

The Problem was, that  gparted (Ubuntu Live CD Partitioning tool) wouldn't partition the "raid"-drives but only the HDD separately. But, as I said in that earlier post, I've not been able to install any linux distribution on the raided (and thereby cached) HDD anyway.

For your Problem, i think, you should first take care of the BIOS Problem. A Computer that cannot get into it's BIOS (UEFI in this case) is pretty much worthles, I suppose.

And for that installing-to-21% problem: Sorry, can't help you there. Never encountered such a problem.

So, I think it would be your best bet to go ask any local Computer expert or send the Ultrabook in for support.

Greetings,

huberste

Liken
Punch Card
Views: 2,356
Message 16 of 23

I think that my mistake was to use GParted to delete all partitions and thus removed the EFI partition as well that apparently the laptop needs to even get into Bios:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Lenovo-U410-Cannot-access-to-BIOS/m-p/90662...
constanta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,295
Message 17 of 23

I also have a problem with Hibernate after install windows 7 Ultimate 64x. All partition are removed. In BIOS mode RAID.

huberste
Serial Port
Views: 2,289
Message 18 of 23

Ho about more info? What exactly is your Problem? Have you any driverless hardware in the device manager? Have you installed & activated "Intel Rapid Start"?
constanta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,286
Message 19 of 23

BIOS settings have not changed, only the Partitioning, when installing drivers were listed Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology. All drivers are installed from the official site Lenovo. When you try to enable hibernation
$> powercfg-H ON
Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not supported.
The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
         The system firmware does not support hibernation.
(Sorry, translated translator)
peter9898
802.11n
Views: 2,277
Message 20 of 23

You have to configure intel rapid start to use your SSD d...

You have to configure intel rapid start to use your SSD drive..

Configure intel rapid storage and then on ssd create new partition with id=84 (hyberfile partition)

Configure intel rapid start.and you done Smiley Wink

Intel rapid start unctionality you can check in bios Smiley Happy

Capture.PNG

-------------------------------------
Lenovo IdeaPad U410, Core i7 - 3517U, 8GB RAM 1600 MHz, 1 TB + 24GB SSD HDD, BIOS: 65CN15WW
Windows 7 Home Premium -> Windows 8 Pro RTM (upgraded without problems)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors