Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-03-2013

Germany

4 Signins

239 Page Views

• Views: 239
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad U410: Bottom plate flex (build quality)

2013-03-03, 19:05 PM

Dear Lenovo community,

only recently I got an IdeaPad U410 to replace my old laptop which died just after reaching the end of its warranty period. Since I'm working on my laptop daily, I needed a replacement fast. After shopping around for a few hours, I went with the U410 since it seemed to fit all my needs (albeit knowing about its WiFi issues).

Long story short; when I received and unboxed it, I stumbled across a startling flex in its bottom plate (as shown in this video, at around 1:30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HvjHBIH_4 | a somewhat bad review, but the only video I found of the problem I'm having). Basically I can push the backside in for about 3mm which results in a clicking sound. It's almost as if the aluminum bottom casing doesn't really fit (like it's 1mm too wide in both dimensions, resulting in a very noticeable flex).

Interestingly enough, the problem seems to lessen once I've used the laptop for a while (heating it up, I guess). So my assumption stands: the bottom plate doesn't fit 100%.

Are there any U410/U310 users around here who are having the same problem - or even better: does anyone have any idea on how to fix it? It's really freaking me out, since I'm constantly on the move with my laptop and it occurs while just picking the unit up one-handed, or carrying it in a laptop bag (inside a 14" sleeve, too).

Options

17 Posts

12-08-2012

Romania

45 Signins

624 Page Views

• Views: 624
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad U410: Bottom plate flex (build quality)

2013-03-13, 6:39 AM

Encounter it when reassembling during RAM upgrade. It have sort of a pin in the mid back cover. Pushing it fermly fixed the problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms