cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hammerhead69
What's DOS?
Views: 1,295
Message 1 of 13

IdeaPad U430 touch battery running down quickly how do i replace?

Hi

I use my laptop every single day and now the battery life is seriously being affected. I'm down to one and a half / two hours which is way down on what i used to get. How do i replace and whats the best batterys to use?

Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,274
Message 2 of 13

Re: IdeaPad U430 touch battery running down quickly how do i replace?

Hi Hammerhead69,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery in your Lenovo U430 laptop.

Try to change the battery setting  to conservation mode in the energy management. To enable the conservation mode go to energy manager which is located in task bar battery icon. Click on the icon then the energy manager tab is opened go the setting and select the conservation mode turn on the switch.

By enabling the conservation mode the battery will be charged only upto 60% -70% and stops. This method can extend the battery life.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

hammerhead69
What's DOS?
Views: 1,270
Message 3 of 13

Hi

Thanks for the reply, when you say this will extend the battery lift do you mean how long i will be able to use the laptop in between charges or how long the battery will last for in the coming months?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,239
Message 4 of 13

Hi Hammerhead69,

Changing into conservation mode stops the battery to charge to 100%, if the battery charges overcharges then the life of the battery will reduce.

Try to reinstall the energy managet and check for the issue.

Click here for the energy management for windows 7.

Click here for the energy management for windows 8.

Click here fo the energy management for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

hammerhead69
What's DOS?
Views: 1,177
Message 5 of 13

Hi

I think it give me a little more time, but i'm still only getting about an hour and a half, which is way down from the 3-4 hours i used to get when the laptop was new.

So can anyone advise me how to install a new battery? and what are the battery options?

I'm really quite dishappointed in this lenovo battery after such a short time !

hammerhead69
What's DOS?
Views: 1,125
Message 6 of 13

Anybody?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,119
Message 7 of 13

Hi Hammerhead69,

Sorry for the delay, as you want to replace the battery as the back panel needs to be removed to remove the battery.

Hence if the system is under warranty do not open the system. If the system is not under warranty then please refer the manual and replace the battery.

Click here for the manual.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

patriot76
Paper Tape
Views: 972
Message 8 of 13

I'm having the same problem. My battery life went from 7-8 hours down to 2-3. I want to replace the battery but there are none listed on the Lenovo website. I search for a replacement and it only shows results for the AC adapter and powercord. I'm quite disappointed in Lenovo's lack of support as well.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 962
Message 9 of 13

Hi Patriot76,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are looking to purchase the battery for your Lenovo U430 laptop.

You can also visit the nearest service centre for the battery purchase.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

patriot76
Paper Tape
Views: 951
Message 10 of 13

This is the most frustrating site I have ever tried to use. Everything I try to look at is only concerned with whether or not I have a warranty. NO I don't. I just want to buy a battery. Why is that so difficult??? I can't even search for a service center without buying a warranty or servive package. I don't care about talking to anyone on the customer support line; I don't have time for that nonsense. I know my battery life sucks, I know how to get the most life out of it, but I really just want a new one so I can have 7-8 hours again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals