cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 2,067
Message 141 of 213

Re: IdeaPad U530 Touch Hinge struck.

As posted on page 3 of this discussion, a solution has been offered to customers within warranty whose laptops display hinge mount failures and have not otherwise been damaged. This information can be found here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/IdeaPad-U530-Touch-Hinge-struck/m-p/203...

As new posts have not been providing useful information to other customers, this discussion is now locked.

Thank you,

athensmary
Paper Tape
Views: 1,841
Message 142 of 213

Any updates on the U530 Touch? I am having the same problems as everyone else in these threads 1- a broken hinge and cracked screen. I now have a desktop with no touch screen rather than a laptop with a touch screen, 2 - a lack of response from Lenovo (never got my call within 3 days) and 3 - No local tech will touch it.

Moderator comment: Merged in. Subject edited.

Highlighted
souravsasidhara
Punch Card
Views: 921
Message 143 of 213

IdeaPad U530 Touch Hinge struck.

i know u530 hinge struck is a solved one, 

but you guys should give some support for those who have bought the laptop from US, and now they are in a place where u530 support is not there.

I am currently in india,  and they are saying it cannot be serviced in India.

What should i do??

Pls help

craigsoup
What's DOS?
Views: 1,737
Message 144 of 213

Question. I've got the U530, and I encountered this problem with the hinge yesterday. Now I can't close my laptop. To be clear, is Lenovo fixing this issue for no cost even if my warranty expired in August? Also, how am I supposed to ship it if I can't get the laptop to close?

nhalle01
What's DOS?
Views: 745
Message 145 of 213

Lenovo has a HUGE issue with broken hinges on the U530 as well as many other devices. Based on the following search (see below)
, there are nearly 20 pages of results where Lenovo clearly has a defective hinge. This is clearly a defective device that doesn't stand up to general wear that it should. This was a VERY expensive investment and would hope that as a company you would stand behind the devices and do the right thing by fixing the defective hardware. 

DramaTink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 701
Message 146 of 213

I hate to have to make this post but it seems like the only way to get someone at Lenovo to help me!

I purchased my Lenovo U530T in November or December of 2014, at the time the laptop was top notch. I could do school work with it, play video games, and never had a problem. That was until I heard about the horror stories of the laptop's hinges being unreliable. Upon calling your TS in 2014, I was told that the manufacturing date of my laptop was past the date when the hinge design was fixed and that I had nothing to worry about.

Lo and behold, July of 2016, I start having problems. Almost exactly one year after my warranty ended the hinges started to stick, I was told this was no problem and should go away within a week. The problem persisted... In fact it got worse... On July 5th, the hinges BROKE completly stuck. The screen almost cracked.

I have since been asigned a case with Delfina, on July 7th 2016  OVER A MONTH AGO! I was told I could expect an e-mail within 24/48 hours. I recieved an e-mail quickly but it was sent to my junk box. After waiting until monday I called TS again and asked if my e-mail had been sent (at the time I hadn't seen the email) they told me that the e-mail had not been sent which was wrong because I found the email on July 28th and responded to it. I called several times before finding the e-mail and never recieved any type of phone response from Delfina. Once I found the e-mail from Delfina I responded, and I sent her a voicemail. I never recieved any response to these.

It seems to me that Delfina has had problems like this before. I've seen a few fourm posts about her and her bad customer service and response times. Since then her phone number I was given has been disconnected. Everytime I call I have been told the same phone number. I called TODAY 8/12/16, and was given the same number. This is unacceptable. How can a manager change their number or leave the company and not have any type of notice for customers that are in their cases? 

Many of the TS personell have a very short temper and cannot give straight answers, I asked for a different phone number, eithe for Delfina, or a co-worker of hers, and I got this response "At the time, we cannot transfer the call to anyone that can help you, the most I can do for you is make a service request / update e-mail" 

I dont know if this is a script these outsorced jobs have to follow or what but this is unacceptable. 

I will be sure to file a report with the BBB and follow up with someone higher up as soon as I can get the chance to. For now I will never be buying another Lenovo product, and neither will anyone else I speak to about this. This is insane. It is so hard to get anything out of anyone at Lenovo. 

This is your product with your design flaw  that you refuse to recall because that would cost you money.

I am looking for an immediate resolution to this problem. What I have exprienced is disgustingly unacceptable.

Moderator comment: Merged in. Subject edited. Private information of Lenovo employee(s) removed. Community Rules.

irvin1
Punch Card
Views: 654
Message 147 of 213

You are by no means alone in this predicament. I unfortunately had the same experience you are having with Lenovo. I researched computers for about a year before I chose my Lenovo. It was a wonderful computer right up until the day I opened it, 6 months out of warranty, and the hinge broke. I have 50 printed pages of similar experiences from others that I found on the Lenovo forum. There are a few instances where Lenovo repaired or refunded customer's money but only a few, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. The only explanation that seems to fit is that this was such an enormous design flaw, that the financial hit that Lenovo would take by doing the right thing and reimbursing people would all but bankrupt them. This was not a small purchase for me and I have yet to be able to afford to replace my Lenovo laptop. After many fruitless phone calls and and e-mails (Delfina, as well), Lenovo offered me a quarter of what I paid for the computer ($860.00) and 20% off of a new Lenovo (and yes, I still want to laugh out loud at that last bit every time I think about it). BTW did you know that in Germany, Lenovos like ours have a 4 year warranty? It's in the manual that came with my computer. Anyway, there was no civil, kind way to respond to their offer, so I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for fraud. Above and beyond any stated warranty, there is such a thing as an implied warranty which basically says that items such as computers are expected to last a reasonable period of time. I wish you the best of luck. 

all4pink
Blue Screen Again
Views: 639
Message 148 of 213

I'm still following these posts after posting about my hinge breaking in June 2015.  I bought my Lenovo from a Best Buy in January 2014, so I was 6 months out of warranty when it broke.  I kept using my Lenovo without closing it, as merely a desktop until a month ago when I could no longer live with about 2 months of the computer randomly shutting down on me once a day.  I tried to troubleshoot it all that time and the closet solution I came to was a hard reset where you take the back off and pull the battery out, but guess what?  I couldn't get the back off due to the broken hinge!
So, I finally went out and bought the cheapest laptop (an HP with great hinges) I could get at Costco for $399.99 just for the 2 year warranty. I paid $800 for my Lenovo.  Huge disappointment.  Especially since I don't think my new laptop runs as fast as the Lenovo.
My original post doesn't even exist any more and I've seen the moderators delete comments and lock down/close discussions about these broken hinges.
I never pursued help on mine because they didn't come out with the deal of 6 months extended warranty until mine was 2 years out of warranty.  The company should have found a suitable way to make it right for their customers instead of constantly dodging the bullet.  I'd still like to find a way to amend this.  No $800 laptop should only last 2 years.  I took extremely good care of it.
Good luck with the BBB.  I have always had really good luck with them, and would have gone that route, except that I never pursued anything with the company, so I don't know if there could even be a resolution now.  But I have hoped all along the company would step forward and make it right.
I just had to put my voice on this forum again.  It's so sad to hear of the loss everyone is experiencing with their beloved laptops.  I really did love my Lenovo.  

DramaTink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 633
Message 149 of 213

Hey!

I was told by Delfina that my laptop COULD NOT be repaired because the parts for my laptop have been discontinued. Am I being fooled here?

Moderator comment: Private information of Lenovo employee(s) removed. Community Rules.

irvin1
Punch Card
Views: 584
Message 150 of 213

That's probably true. If you go back and read previous posts, you will find references to parts being unavailable and computers that were repaired breaking again in the same way. I would not trust that a repair on one of these computers would last. What did they propose to do, if anything?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors