Gießen

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 2

IdeaPad U530 Webcam - is this a joke?

2014-12-03, 12:53 PM

Hey guys,

just bought a new Lenovo IdeaPad U530. I was pretty happy until I check the built in "HD Webcam".

The quality has absolutely nothing to do with HD, I think I would have a better quality recording with a potato!

Since it came with Windows 8.1 I had to download the gorgeous "Lenovo Settings App" (seriously?!?!?) because it was not preinstalled (!!!), so I had to sign up for a hotmail account... - I was promised by the description that I could modify the Webcam settings with it. Yeah... well, even Skype offered me more options than this app!

One (and probably the most important) thing I was not able to change was the video quality. I googled a lot and all I could find was a few people complaining about the video quality and some blogs claiming that it is possible to modify the quality with the lenovo Communications Utility from the ThinkVantage package. When I finally got it to run under Windows 8.1, all I could modify was the Microphone volume...

I have the latest drivers installed, I have tried everything I could find on Google, but it either does not work on Windows 8.1 or doesn't work at all.

Dear Lenovo, please tell me that this is some kind of compatibility issue or something, because I can't really believe that you would actually title this as an "HD Webcam". The quality is plain unacceptable, but my work requires a reliable, lightweight laptop (check) with a decent webcam (fail!), because that's what I bought it for.

I've been using and recommending Lenovo products for many years now - even the low price laptops come with better webcams!

Or maybe you can tell me how to fix this, because after 2 days of pure frustration I'm all out of ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Options

773 Posts

06-20-2011

US

4290 Signins

192161 Page Views

• Views: 192161
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: IdeaPad U530 Webcam - is this a joke?

2015-05-12, 14:00 PM
Moved to proper forum for model.

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete