In order to have Ideapad S10-3t with a 3G WWAN modem functionality, you would need either one of these Lenovo 3G minipci-e cards
Do ensure you have the latest BIOS 62 Download Link
Do follow the steps below on installing the WWAN Card
2. open the bottom lid... locate the empty minipci-e slot.. insert card .. plug main and second antenna (labeled wire ends) borrow one screw from WLAN Card to fix your card..
3. Once you have installed the WWAN card insert your SIMCARD in SIM-Card-Reader
4. Plug in battery and AC adapter
5. Boot up the machine
5. Install the 3G WWAN Card driver - Win 7 32bit - Link
6. Press Fn-F5 menu to switch 3G on
7. Use a mobile connect manager to connect
Where can I get the proper modem?
well, I did what you said and install the latest bios version form the link you gave here but the bios doesn't allow it to run!
(I bought a gobi 2000) what can I do for the bios ? are there anything for hacking it so that adding the card to whitelist ???
Did you get the Gobi card from Lenovo shop and is it for your laptop's model?
BIOS hacking is not recommended as it might brick your laptop.