Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBeam66
What's DOS?
Views: 144
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad S340 Audio through headphone jack not working

Hello, today I was listening to a podcast on my laptop using apple earbuds and just randomly the audio quit. I unplugged my headphones and played through the speakers and it worked fine, so I just went and restarted my laptop. Audio through the speakers still worked, and I plugged my earbuds back in and it still wouldn't play audio through them and instead just didn't have audio come out of anything, like before I restarted it. I tried a different pair of headphones, a pair of hyperx headphones, and they didn't work either. I then checked them using my Xbox one and audio played through both of those pairs of headphones. I then found a support article for Lenovo thinkpads saying to uninstall the Realtek driver and restart my laptop again, which I did. I then updated the realtek driver and still the same thing. I then plugged in an audiotechnica usb to 3.5 mm dongle and plugged the same apple earbuds into that, and it played audio

What might be the issue, and how can I fix it? I bought this laptop brand new from Best Buy about a month ago, could it have a defective audio jack that just randomly quit working after working fine for a month? Please help!

SBeam66
What's DOS?
Views: 134
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad S340 Audio through headphone jack not working

I don't know if I can edit my post, but it's just working now lmao. Didn't do anything different. I just unplugged my dongle and tried it again randomly and it's just fine now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors