Re: Ideapad S415 Touch - touch screen stopped working

Unfortunately, my Lenovo touchscreen stopped working 2 months after the
warranty expired.

Larry60
What's DOS?
Views: 3,698
Message 12 of 22

Uh - this is probably great news for some, Amy, but my S510 is OUT of warranty. Do you have a solution for me, too?
Toyic
What's DOS?
Views: 3,692
Message 13 of 22

Having the exact same issue here. It was working perfectly in Windows 8. I updated to windows 8.1 and it stopped working.

I performed a fresh install of windows 7, installed all of the drivers. Windows 7 detects the touchscreen, but it doesn't work.

I've installed Ubuntu, but it doesn't work there either. Lenovo won't provide support without charging me because my laptop is 1 month out of warranty :/

This is my first Lenovo product, and it's certainly my last if the company refuses to support its products. If the company doesn't stand behind the quality of their product, I'm out. Other companies that I've dealt with don't have a limitation on manufacturer defects warranty claims-especially if they're an obvious commonplace problem with that particular model of machine. 

Has anyone had any luck getting these fixed, or am I just out of luck?

lorenvangalder
What's DOS?
Views: 3,683
Message 14 of 22

Same issue as everyone else. Two months out of warranty. Did the chkdsk /r and power drain, did all updates, drivers, checked settings. Nothing helps.  Is it a Windows problem or a hardware issue?

lorenvangalder
What's DOS?
Views: 3,516
Message 15 of 22

That's very nice that they offer some help if it's still in warranty...mine stopped working 1 month out of warranty...

charleslwilcox
What's DOS?
Views: 3,511
Message 16 of 22

Doesn't help me, my S415Touch was 2 months out of warranty. I purchased a HP laptop after being unsuccessful and discouraged in trying to contact Lenovo. No more Lenovo's.

TerribleSupport
What's DOS?
Views: 3,458
Message 17 of 22

If there isn't a solution that the end user can employ, then it sounds like the company is admitting that the product is defective.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules.

BitzPC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,654
Message 18 of 22

Considering the age of this unit and forum post, I imagine my customer is "   ." ?  Her warranty expired in September 2015.

I definitely assume the answer is yes, but sometimes when manufacturers realize they had a widespread problem/failure rate on something -- they extend X months beyond warranty for said part. 

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by Forum Rules and have been removed.

rurugg
What's DOS?
Views: 2,292
Message 19 of 22

And what about us that bought before, and not warranty anymore , in addition the title here es very clear, says "touch SCREEN stop working" and you you mentioned touch panel, please give us the solution we all bougth the lenovo idea pad legally.

Highlighted
ronsoloxd
Paper Tape
Views: 2,146
Message 20 of 22

this sucks... and im still out a touch screen... no more lenovo products for me

Top Kudoed Authors