cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cglrcng
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 1 of 8

Ideapad S500 Series Touch...I need a file please.

I have an Ideapad S500 Series Touch (ideapad S510p Touch), that was originally a Win 8.1 unit, upgraded to Win 10, then somehow was restored by hitting the one button restore button near the A/C Adapter plug-in. It was factory restored accidentally, and then upgraded again to Win 10. The touch screen will not work with any driver (I have tried every eGalaxa driver out there and the patch), but, it wouldn't work at all since the accidental restoration no matter the OS installed.

I am looking and failing to find anywhere so far the required proper Firmware Upgrade file like the S400 series one at this Lenovo link. 

Inv.gy/1PuBoFq      (This Lenovo URL Shortened w/Bitly.com)

It would be the eGalaxaUpdateAuto file for the S500 Series Touch ideapads I am looking for. And it contains the Firmware Flash file & the eGalaxaSensorTester.exe file for the S500 Series.

Does anyone know where it is located please? I have all the flashing, testing, & calibration instructions and am a repair tech. The computer of course is out of warranty. Why didn't the engineers that designed that wonderful one click restore button think of hiding it inside a rear compartment like near the memory chips? Much too close to the AC adapter plugin at less than a quarter of an inch...And the lpug has sharp corners too boot! Once more, one click restore icons on the desktop as default also? What's up with that.....

If I receive the file soon, I will work up an easy solution to a problem that many people have and publish the simple solution to the Lenovo Touch Screen Issue that plagues many. It can not help their Touch LCD unit sales whatsoever as thousands of ticked of customers (most having out of warranty units), never helps any company.

Thank you in advance.

cglrcng-Computer Repair Technician.

cglrcng
Paper Tape
Views: 305
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ideapad S500 Series Touch...I need a file please.

The link was:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-s-series-netbooks/ideapad-s400...

Sorry, bitly didn't work properly in shortening that URL in my OP.

cglrcng
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 3 of 8

From what I just read...I need Amy_Lenovo...The Godess of Lenovo Touchscreens. She must know where that required file is. Oh Amy......Please may I have that required file?
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 269
Message 4 of 8

Try this and see if it works for you.

.1. Press Windows + X.
2. Select Device Manager.
3. Find the Touch screen driver under Mice and Other Pointing Devices > i.e. USB Touchscreen Controller(A111).  You're going to uninstall this and check the box that           says "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Restart your computer.
5. Re-open the Device Manager, and confirm that the Touchscreen is now listed under Human Interface Devices.

If not, look for any Universal Serial Bus Controllers (including hidden devices (View > Show Hidden Devices) and enable them and/or update their drivers.

cglrcng
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 5 of 8

I followed what you said and fully appreciate your time in posting the info. And the touch screen shows up under HID Devices. It still does not work. According to what I read elsewhere concerning the S400 Series, Flashing the eGalaxa LCD Firmware actually does the trick. But the Firmware & eGalaxaUpdate testing and configuration file I cannot seem to find anywhere (the S400 file does not work for the S500 Series Touch devices as it says so, and it also says you need the proper file...Even places where I read it was previously listed I cannot find it among their downloads. Lenovo must have the file.

Please!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 234
Message 6 of 8

Have you checked here:   http://www.eeti.com/drivers_Win.html

The have a Windows 10 driver, but I do not see any firmware.   But you might contact them directly at their US office and see if they can help.

Good Luck

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 232
Message 7 of 8

cglrcng
Paper Tape
Views: 222
Message 8 of 8

TY again JD Gillis,

I have tried the eGalax Win 10 Patch and all of the eGalax drivers listed before making this thread. The solution is definitely the Firmware update for the S500 Touch Series and it did the trick for the S400 Touch Series (they are different Firmware Updates though according to the S400 Series Firmware updater.

I even tried all provided Lenovo original drivers back to Win 7, 8, & 8.1, and again applied all listed Win 10 Lenovo Drivers.

Nothing seems to ever work for just the Lenovo Touch screen series. I have had 8 different touch screens in my shop in the last 3 days and all other laptop manufacturers touch screens work w/ the Win 10 Driver listed (though it actually lists an applied driver as the same in all the HID-compliant touch screen items on each computer; Driver Provider: Microsoft, Driver Date: 6/21/2006, Driver Version: 10.0.10586.0, Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows)....If you click on Driver Details Button, they all say; No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.

Yet all of them work just fine except the Lenovo S510p Touch ideapad I am working on. Owner states it worked just fine after the Win 10 Upgrade, but after the accidental one button restore process it did not work again.

Many S400 Series Touch & S500 Series Touch ideapad complaints of the same problem exist all over the net along w/ other no touch screen problems w/ Lenovo products I have seen posts on. The only solution found so far included the S400 Series and the Firmware update linked above.

I really appreciate your time on this, but without that specific file, we are duplicating efforts, and your time is too valuable for me to waste.

Thank's again and I hope Amy_Lenovo trips on by this thread soon and knows where that S500 Series Touch ideapad eGalaxa Firmware Update file is located and will provide it so that thousands of Lenovo Touch screens will again work as designed and sold.

Thank you JD Gillis. I do appreciate your help.

cglrcng

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors