Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisDaniels
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,364
Message 1 of 17

Ideapad S510p USB problems Win8.1 x64

I'm having USB issues with my new ideapad running Win8.1 x64.

I'm all up  to date on drivers (as far as I know), but my iPhone will connect/disconnect every second, an old USB HDD shows up as "USB device descriptor failed" which implies that its broken, but it works on my other laptop that is still on Win 8.

Having searched around the internet, I cannot find a solution that works.. One user I found with the same issue but on a dell laptop, resolved it with a chipset update.

Has anyone else any ideas how I can fix at least my iPhone problem?

Or do I have to wait for a fix from Lenovo?

Surprised not to see anyone else complaining about this..

ChrisDaniels
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,309
Message 2 of 17

Re: Ideapad S510p USB problems Win8.1 x64

Has nobody else come across this?

Can anyone from Lenovo comment on this please? Its infuriating.

cablome
What's DOS?
Views: 3,292
Message 3 of 17

I have seen very similar problems with my Ideapad S510p touchscreen running 64-bit 8.1 with current drivers,  It will not recognize our Galaxy S2 or S3 phones or Garmin GPS...repeated attempts to initialize fail.  I have not opened a support case nor poked around the BIOS...those will likely be my next steps.

ChrisDaniels
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,284
Message 4 of 17

There is nothing in the bios to change - very limited options in there. I think its related to the chipset driver, so only Lenovo can fix it..
If they do not comment on this thread in the next 24 hrs, I'll open a support case
Highlighted
ChrisDaniels
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,272
Message 5 of 17

Think I have found the problem. Non-genuine iPhone cables purchased from ebay. Genuine iPhone cable works fine.
ChrisDaniels
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,726
Message 6 of 17

ok, 6 months later and this problem still exists on my Lenovo. WHY?

I also have two other new laptops: a packard bell and a toshiba. My Lenovo is an Intel i3, while the Packard bell & tosh are AMD A4s. And guess what, the other two laptops DO NOT have this issue with non-genuine iPhone cables.

So its an Intel issue as I first suspected.

DEAR LENOVO: CAN YOU PLEASE LIASE WITH INTEL AND GET THIS FIXED!
I DID NOT PAY £600 FOR A LAPTOP WITH A USB PROBLEM.

angi_suhail
What's DOS?
Views: 2,613
Message 7 of 17

Hey Chris, 

I just saw this post. I'm running windows 7 on s510p 64 bit and have EXACTLY the same problem. The machine is less than a month old. Have emailed the folks a couple of times but to no avail. 
I'm using a genuine cable and it works on every other device. Any pointers?

ChrisDaniels
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,611
Message 8 of 17

Genuine cables work fine on my machine, so all I can advise is to try another cable that you know 100% is made by Apple.

Lenovo have rang me to arrange collection of my laptop to check for a hardware fault. They suspect it might be that the USB ports are not supplying enough power.

I had to tell them via twitter though, this forum doesn't seem to be proactively monitored.

Sent from my iPhone
Unmesh90Vaidya
Paper Tape
Views: 2,407
Message 9 of 17

This is completely unfair. Why should i waste my money only because lenovo is not supporting my old cable, which is working fine with all other system. I want to urge lenovo to fix this competibility. I want recomend lenovo to any of my freind for sure! Such kind of thing is compeletely unacceptable. Give me something so that i can fix this issue and i can use my cable to connect my phone! I want urgent responce for lenovo community!

Unmesh90Vaidya
Paper Tape
Views: 2,286
Message 10 of 17

Very Poor service from lenovo. Not even responding to our messege! and still issue is not solved. i will surely not recomend lenovo to any one. Loss of money and very poor service. laptop with USB problem and problem is not solved since eight month. this is too much. you shold have come up with solution for this or else i will file a case against you. i will go to consumer forum for injustice. i need responce in next 24 hrs or else i will surely file case against you. this laptop worth  INR 40000/- and i have not invested that much money for charity. need urgent responce. and do some work in this area, loosers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors