Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaldr
Punch Card
Views: 1,937
Message 1 of 10

Ideapad U310 Touch single finger scrolling

Hi

I finally decided to upgrade my 4 year old Ideapad Y550 and I am quite happy with my U310 so far. One thing I would like to change though, I've gotten used to one-finger scrolling using my Y550 and I would like to have that back. Is there any way in the U310 to chage to one-finger scrolling from two-finger scrolling?

Thanks!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,913
Message 2 of 10

Re: Ideapad U310 Touch single finger scrolling

This is based on the Elan touchpad. Do you think the one finger scrolling is similar to the edge swipe? Maybe its not enable. Two or more finger scrolling is under multifinger configuration menu. But there is no scrolling option in One finger menu but only the edge swipe option.

Kaldr
Punch Card
Views: 1,898
Message 3 of 10

I do not think it is the same as edge swipe. I do have edge swipe enabled. But I do not see any one finger scrolling option.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,897
Message 4 of 10

hi Kaldr,

In addition to what have been suggested, have you tried looking at Control Panel (large icon view) > Mouse and check the mouse settings?

There's no Ideapad U310 here in the lab but here's what it looks like in the Ideapad U410

- Link to picture

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Kaldr
Punch Card
Views: 1,885
Message 5 of 10

Hello neokenchi,

Thanks for your response. I have tried your suggestion but failed. Here's why. As you can see, there is no option for single finger scrolling. 

Link to image

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,877
Message 6 of 10

@Kaldr wrote:
I do not think it is the same as edge swipe. I do have edge swipe enabled. But I do not see any one finger scrolling option.

As stated earlier it is based on the Elan touchpad. Your is the Synaptic touchpad, and according to what NeoKenchi has posted has that option to enable/disable. In my touchpad I can do the scrolling if the edge swipe options are enabled.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,873
Message 7 of 10

hi Kaldr,

Can you try to update the Synaptics Touchpad driver to v16.3.15.1.

Windows 8/7/XP/Vista 64/32-bit Edition v16.3.15.1

All Languages 113.9 MB zip

Let me know your findings

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Kaldr
Punch Card
Views: 1,856
Message 8 of 10

Thank you neokenchi! Updating with your link solved the issue.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,782
Message 9 of 10

hi Kaldr,

Thanks for posting back your findings. Glad to know it worked as this will help other users who are also experiencing the same situation.

Regards

lselynn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,388
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I ve spent the morning installing and uninstalling the Synaptic Drivers and it's still not working. I tried both edition 17 from the Synaptic site here http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers and the edition 16 from the Lenovo site here http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

I've restarted my computer numerous times after I install but it doesn't show in the Mouse Properties window as a tab option. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors