Options

8 Posts

06-25-2013

DE

33 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 41 of 56

Re: Ideapad U410 wifi frequently disconnected from my home wireless connection only!!

2013-09-10, 1:38 AM

You need a mini PCIe WLan card like the Intel CENTRINO ADVANCED-N 6205.

Search on Youtube for a Guide how to disassemble and get some unofficial bios without wifi-card whitelist.

But I am not sure wheather this fixes the problem completely. I do still get yellow exclamation mark in taskbar sometimes.

Edit: Just read that energy option of windows/preinstalled tool could cause the issue.

I also read that newer Driver and interchanging the two Antenna wires could help...

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2013

Vancouver

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 42 of 56

Re: Ideapad U410 wifi frequently disconnected from my home wireless connection only!!

2013-10-30, 18:05 PM

How do you remove Lenovo wireless driver and replace it with intel driver? 

When I checked my device manager, it says I have a "Intel Centrino Wireless N-2000. 

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2013

Vancouver

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 43 of 56

2013-10-30, 18:19 PM

In my humble opinion, this is the worst website I"ve ever seen for a major computer manufacture. I bought two U410 laptops earlier this year. There is no place for my to ask for help and i've tried their phone service. It just doesn't work. I will never ever buy another Lenovo product for as long as I live. 

The main issue I have with Lenovo is that the wifi network at home doesn't work. I've tried many routers and service providers, not all routers and servicer providers can be bad. It has to be the Lenovo laptop's network hardware or software. 

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. 

Options

8 Posts

06-25-2013

DE

33 Signins

199 Page Views

• Message 44 of 56

2013-10-31, 12:36 PM

Get Driver from Intel and install. Lenovo uses Intel Drivers as well.

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2013

Vancouver

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 45 of 56

2013-11-04, 5:24 AM

I did all that...the problem still persists. I am now using my 5 year old Dell laptop and have not experienced any problems. Again, U410 is a peice of crap....huge waste of money.....will never buy another. I bought two u410s earlier this year and try to get lenovo help me, I couldn't even get a hold of their warranty department. Again....peice of Crap machine. Shame on you Lenovo for not helping your customer with crappy peice of hardware. 

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2013

Vancouver

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 46 of 56

2013-11-26, 23:34 PM

I contacted Lenovo, they finally admitted that there is a problem with the network card in the u410 idea pad. Since I bought two laptops at the same time, they sent me a boxes to send both back to their repair center in North Bay Ontarion. They will be replacing the network cards in both. 

Luckily I bought both laptops in february of 2013, Lenovo told me that my Laptops warranty had expired Sept 2012. Fortunately I had my receipts as proof, so they couldn't deny the warranty. Since I bought my laptops from Costco, I get two year warranty. I will keep sending the laptops back if the problem is not fixed. Curently I'm using 7 year old Dell, it has no connectivity problems whatsoever. 

Options

5 Posts

10-30-2013

Vancouver

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 47 of 56

2013-11-26, 23:36 PM

.............oh yeah, the Costco customer service guy contacted Lenovo on my behalf to get all this done, Thanks COSTCO!!!! and no thanks LENOVO!!!!

Options

1 Posts

12-03-2013

Ireland

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 48 of 56

2013-12-03, 20:49 PM

Hey so this is still an ongoing problem, I bought this in June and have had this problem constantly disconnecting from wifi and getting awful speeds when I move a few meters away from my router. 

Have sent it back to Lenovo TWICE! and the first time sent it back and they had actually changed the network card to an atheros ar9285 (but hey i got bluetooth with it now :-D). Problem was still there, sent it back again, get it back in the same order form what I can tell, but this time they somehow fixed the speed problem but the range is still awful(so basically no problem was solved).

Has anyone had any luck with them? Seems they just keep sending it back without REALLY testing it. Do you think I can just ask them to send me a WiFi adapter.

(I've got a USB WiFi adapter plugged into this right now as i type this)

Moderator Note; profanity / implied profanity edited. Please keep it clean.

Options

9 Posts

06-12-2013

Santa Fe NM

15 Signins

131 Page Views

• Views: 131
  • Message 49 of 56

2013-12-03, 21:05 PM

I used to have this problem with my Lenovo until I bought a Securifi Almond router/range extender from Amazon for $89.99 about six weeks ago.  Since then I have had zero problems with dropout.  I have constant five bar reception, even outside stucco (wire mesh) walls.  I don't think that the Lenovo card is the greatest but with a little help it performs flawlessly.

Of course, I have no connection (no pun intended) to Securifi, Amazon, or Lenovo.  I'm just a regular user who found a solution.  "Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then."

Options

8 Posts

06-25-2013

DE

33 Signins

199 Page Views

• Message 50 of 56

2013-12-04, 17:54 PM

toix schrieb:

You need a mini PCIe WLan card like the Intel CENTRINO ADVANCED-N 6205.

Search on Youtube for a Guide how to disassemble and get some unofficial bios without wifi-card whitelist.

But I am not sure wheather this fixes the problem completely. I do still get yellow exclamation mark in taskbar sometimes.

Edit: Just read that energy option of windows/preinstalled tool could cause the issue.

I also read that newer Driver and interchanging the two Antenna wires could help...

What I chronologically made to solve the Problem:

I have replaced my WLan card with the N 6205 and installed unofficial BIOS.

- I think I felt no difference.

I disabled all Energy saving options from Windows. (I use Windows to connect)

- Felt no difference.

I interchanged the wires on my adapter. (As far as i know the wires should be different)

- The yellow exclamation dosn't appear anymore and connection aborts less often.

Overall I think after all these changes it got better but I am not sure which one made a difference. Also I am usually not to far away from my router.

I recommend to interchange the wires before replacing the adapter.

Disassembly guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sGwQBiGw-Y

It is not easy to open the cover. I used a dough scraper and some solid plastic (my flatmate had from the cover replacement kit for his mobilephone).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete