Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pratsbirla
Paper Tape
Views: 393
Message 1 of 5

Ideapad U410 wont turn on

My Ideapad U410 wont turn on no matter how long I hold and press the power key. I can see the charging indicator on my laptop which indicates the laptop is getting charged properly. I tried following solutions to turn on the laptop.

• Took out the battery to remove the static, it still wont work
  • Drained the battery by not charging it for 4 days and plugged the battery again to try to turn it on – no results
  • Tried pressing the novo key and was unsuccessful

The issue could be due to some hardware failure as I had windows 10 installed on my PC – yes I did not check the compatibility list before installing - but I am not sure. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 381
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ideapad U410 wont turn on

Hi pratsbirla,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your unit. Regarding the issue, based on HMM for U410, if you mean the charging light indicator, I will assume that you're looking at the battery light indicator. If so, please see this. Based on the table, if it is on (solid white), then that means the battery has more than 20% charge, indicating that the computer still has few charges left but is unable to turn itself on.

I think there may be some charges left still on the battery. I do suggest to drain it again, making sure this time, while the battery light is solid and without the charger plugged in. Once it is fully drained, just plug the AC adapter back in then turn it on with the use of power button/novo button.

You can also try using a different AC adapter, though there may be low possibilities it is the issue. If in case it still won't turn on. I recommend for you to contact Lenovo Support and see what options they can provide you

Lenovo Support US : 1-877-453-6686.

pratsbirla
Paper Tape
Views: 373
Message 3 of 5

Thanks RapidFury for the reply.

Yes the battery light indicator still shows solid white when I plug in the charger and is off when the charger is detached. Is there any way to tell that the entire charge has been drained out of the battery. 

Even after letting the laptop discharged for 4 days the moment I plugin the charger the battery light indicator shows solid white. Thanks again for yout time and help.

@RapidFury wrote:

Hi pratsbirla,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your unit. Regarding the issue, based on HMM for U410, if you mean the charging light indicator, I will assume that you're looking at the battery light indicator. If so, please see this. Based on the table, if it is on (solid white), then that means the battery has more than 20% charge, indicating that the computer still has few charges left but is unable to turn itself on.

I think there may be some charges left still on the battery. I do suggest to drain it again, making sure this time, while the battery light is solid and without the charger plugged in. Once it is fully drained, just plug the AC adapter back in then turn it on with the use of power button/novo button.

You can also try using a different AC adapter, though there may be low possibilities it is the issue. If in case it still won't turn on. I recommend for you to contact Lenovo Support and see what options they can provide you

Lenovo Support US : 1-877-453-6686.

Former Administrator
Views: 367
Message 4 of 5

pratsbirla,

Can you remove the battery and AC and then press and hold the power button several times for several seconds.  Now, reconnect AC and try to restart.  If it will now power up, then shut down.  Reinstall the battery and try to charge it.

Let us know

Thanks

Mark

pratsbirla
Paper Tape
Views: 351
Message 5 of 5

Mark,

I have already tried this and it did not work. But will give it another try today.

Thanks for your response.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors