Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h0llyuf
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad U430p hinge issue

My daughters hinge broke 1 month out of warranty.  Can't believe there is an abundence of these issues with no recall.  I have an extended warranty with my credit card company but can't figure out where to send for repair.  No one I call seems to be able to help and website is useless when out of warranty.  Please advise!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 209
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad U430p hinge issue

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you tried using the local Lenovo Authorized Service Provider Locator at the link below?  The locator will find an authorized Lenovo Service Provider near where you live.  Just enter in your city and check the box for Warranty Service Provider.  You will then get a listing of local places that service Lenovo computers.  Prior to visiting a local service center please call ahead as some listings may not be up to date. 

http://bplocator.lenovo.com/

I would also suggest that you contact your credit card company on the terms of their extended warranty.  Do they need to pay the service center directly or can you pay for the repair and then submit your receipt to the card company for reimbursement?  If it is the later, Lenovo Support should be able to arrange for the repair. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

h0llyuf
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 3 of 4

Trying both places listed within 20 miles using your link.  Both service centers only service think pads. One center would be willing to help me but said the parts are restricted and they couldn't get them. Had to buy my daughter another computer as she can't go without one this long in college.  Bought an Apple.  Will never again buy a Lenovo!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 171
Message 4 of 4

Sorry to hear it didn't work out.  Thanks for posting back with an update.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals