cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhydstone
Paper Tape
Views: 263
Message 1 of 4

Ideapad U530 Touch, Camera keeps turning off?

So around 3 days ago, my camera stopped working. The laptop said that there was no camera connected when i went to the camera app or tried to use the camera on skype.  Today, I uninstalled lenovo youcam in an attempt to patch up the problem, it worked, to an extent. The camera can be turned on but it keeps turning itself off? this isnt a skype problem, as the same thing happens in the camera app, and the lenovo setting app when at the camera section. I tried to use this article to help :

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Ideapad-G480-20156-Integrated-Camera-au...

But when i installed the program, it said, this program is only compatible with lenovo computers. So thats out of the question to use. can anyone help me with this? 

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 198
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ideapad U530 Touch, Camera keeps turning off?

Hi Rhydstone, 

Is the system running Win10, if it is can you check on the privacy settings of the camera. This is a common issue recently. 

How to control which apps can use the camera In general, to allow or block specific apps and services:
  Go to Start windows logo , then select Settings  > Privacy > Camera.
  Make sure Let apps use my camera is turned on.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Rhydstone
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 3 of 4

This laptop has Windows 8, and when i went to privacy there was no camera option.
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 176
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Is the camera still detected in device manager when it shut its self off? Do you see any unknown device in device manager when the problem happens? The camera is connected to the mother board via usb and most issue like this is caused by a bad connection, you may want to check also if the camera stops working when the lcd is moved. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors