Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eking4044
Paper Tape
Views: 7,726
Message 1 of 9

Ideapad s510p touch screen stopped working

This computer is not even a week old. When this first happened I saw that on the bottom side of the laptop were two switches, one for the battery and I guess one for the touch screen, by the way there is not literature on what so ever, and after flipping the switch the touch screen worked perfectly for about a day. Now it has stopped working again, but the switch is in the correct position. All of my drivers are up to date. I am so frustrated with this. the mouse works fine, it is just the touch screen. Please, someone tell me you have had a similar issue with this series of the ideapad and that you have been able to fix it, I really don't want to have to send it in as I use it everyday for work.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 7,573
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ideapad s510p touch screen stopped working

Hi eking4044, welcome to the forum,

Here is your user guide:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_s410ps410ptouchs510ps510ptouch_ug_english.pd...

Here is your HMM:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_s410ps410ptouchs510ps510ptouch_hmm.pdf

Both of those "switches" on the bottom are for the battery. One is a spring loaded switch to open battery, after you push the other one into the open position. This is how you remove the battery, and have nothing to do with the Touch Screen. Smiley Happy

Did you delete any of the software that came with your system? The easiest thing you could do is backup your user files to a CD, or some external hard drive, then reset your system using the system recovery. See page 20 of the user guide for the recovery routine. Make sure you have a backup of your user files, before attempting the recovery, as it will set up your system like new. This should solve your problem, but if it doesn't, please post back with further information.

Cheers

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

eking4044
Paper Tape
Views: 7,520
Message 3 of 9

I haven't uninstalled any drivers and I have reset the laptop to the factory settings multiple times. It was weird that immediately after switching the 1st switch over the touch screen immediately started working. 

eking4044
Paper Tape
Views: 7,519
Message 4 of 9

I have tried to do this again but it hasn't worked, when I tried to do it on the login screen the mouse stopped working for a little bit but when I hit the F6 button it started working again.

Bob2
What's DOS?
Views: 6,213
Message 5 of 9

The touch function no longer works on my touch screen. Everything works well with  mouse or the touch pad but no touch screen. Help!

splendor
Paper Tape
Views: 6,079
Message 6 of 9

I have tried to look for a solution to the problem of touchscreen online but i couldn't find one that's helpful. I thought i found something like going to the device manager to disable or enable the "HID-compliant touch screen", but it didn't work either. I believe the only way is to find the right driver or firmware to reinstall it. I have been looking for the driver in both windows and Lenovo websites, no luck. Can anyone help???? The touch screen just doesn't work even I updated all the drivers through windows update.
Larry60
What's DOS?
Views: 6,001
Message 7 of 9

I've had the same problem and same frustration finding information or a fix. Would be interested in anybody with an authoritative solution!

ajinkyachalke
What's DOS?
Views: 5,756
Message 8 of 9

Hi,
I faced similar issue a while ago. Tried searching on google but didnt' help alot.

But it I did come to know that Lenovo had given all the drivers gift wraped in 'D'  drive.

There is a folder under the  name of 'Energy Manager'. Installed that, and now it seems to work pretty good.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

awinter82
What's DOS?
Views: 893
Message 9 of 9

Is there a solution to this issue yet? I have tried the same things and nothing is working. I am back to Windows 8.1 with no touchscreen and when I call Lenovo they tell me I have to pay for repair now. SMH

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals