09-25-2019

US

14 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad s940 Cursor stuttering, typing lag and graphic issues

2019-09-25, 22:29 PM

Recently my s940 has just started having issues. mainly that the cursor will move but leave an image of where it came from and the typing stutters and lags a bit. There is also a grpahical issue where windows will load in strips vertically across the screen until you scroll.

Something i did notice is that intel utility was reccomending a graphics driver update but upon trying to do that it said it was not validated for this machine as it is not reccomended in lenovo's update utility.

I have manually installed the driver but that causes far more issues graphically.

it definetely feels like there is a driver issue

Updating via lenovo website has still not fixed this despite it being fine last week.
Options

2 Posts

10-15-2019

CH

8 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad s940 Cursor stuttering, typing lag and graphic issues

2019-10-15, 20:14 PM

I've had the exact same issues with my s940 until now. Actually I just "solved" it a couple minutes ago.

I can't say if this solution is gonna work permanent or not,  but it fixed my issues for the moment. 

Go to the Intel Graphics Control Panel, click on "Power Settings" and then disable "Panel Self-Refresh". 

Disabling this setting will probably reduce the battery life a bit, but you'll rather have a smooth display than that. 

Give it a try and let me know if it worked.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save