cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oom_saputra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 560
Message 1 of 10

Ideapad u165 - help me how to fix this problem?

FB_IMG_15407229434797776.jpghow to fix this?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 548
Message 2 of 10

Re: Ideapad u165 - help me how to fix this problem?

My guess is that you are the victim of a  failed BIOS update.

oom_saputra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 507
Message 3 of 10

what should i do to fix this problem?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 487
Message 4 of 10

Hi there! Welcome to our forums community. Are you getting this message during the boot up process? When you press the F1, what happens next? Have you made any changes or any updates before the issue arise? Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
oom_saputra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 476
Message 5 of 10

yes. I always get the message !. when I press the F1 button it will continue booting. no, I've never made changes before.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 470
Message 6 of 10

I see. Let's check if we can still access BIOS,

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216

If yes, while in BIOS, press Fn+F9 / F9 to load default settings. After that, press Fn+F10 / F10 to exit saving changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

oom_saputra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 466
Message 7 of 10

I've done it but there's no change!
oom_saputra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 464
Message 8 of 10

I have returned the bios settings to the beginning. no changes to the problem continue to appear.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 459
Message 9 of 10

Since you've already tried to reset the BIOS settings and still having the same issue. Possible that the motherboard of your laptop is malfunctioning. We recommend that you bring the laptop to one of our authorized service center for repair. Kindly check the link below to see the list of service providers in your location just filter it by country.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678

Regards,

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 425
Message 10 of 10

Welcome to the Lenovo Community oom_saputra !

If defaulting the BIOS setting did not work then I would try a hard reset of the CMOS.  This will require some disassembly of your laptop in order to access the CMOS battery that plugs into the motherboard.  Once you have removed the main battery and disconnected the CMOS battery then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to clear the CMOS which might resolve your problem.

If you are comfortable working inside your laptop, the CMOS battery should be accessible once the bottom cover is removed.  The battery is a round coin cell battery and it maybe covered in black or blue vinyl.  It will have a red and black wire that plugs into the motherboard.  The battery should be located where I circled in RED below......

U165 MOTHERBOARD.jpgx

Please refer to your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual for information, precautions and instructions for working inside your laptop.  Here is a link to that manual.....

https://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's%20guides%20and%20manuals/U160U165/Lenovo%2...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors