05-12-2018 06:08 AM
My ideal as u310 running win 7 suddenly gives an error after login. A pop-up appears saying windows explorer encountered an error and cannot load. Next all desktop icons disappear as well as the taskbar, leaving nothing but the desktop wallpaper. I have no recovery disc, and system restore doesn't work either. I cannot boot into safe boot. Does anyone have a solution?
06-01-2018 05:38 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
If the recovery doesn`t work, and you can`t even get into the safe boot, then it would lead me to believe there will be trouble with the storage drive in the unit.
Try running an LSC scan, see if this is able to find anything for you at all:
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.