05-31-2016

US

7 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 1 of 3

Ideapad u410 touch certain keys not working

2016-05-31, 5:55 AM

Hello! I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me.

I'm running on Windows 8.1. Tonight, certain keys on my keyboard stopped working. These are the: 5, 6, ~,F1, F2, +/=, -/_, home and end keys. The touchsceen keyboard still works, and an extenal keyboard plugged in also works. I have already tried uninstalling the driver and there are no updates available.

Prior to this happening, I did have a brief glitch where the number 6 kept slipping in randomly while I typed. I assumed it to be stuck, but, well...now it isn't working at all. Could it be a physical issue with the keyboard? These are pretty random keys to go out all at once. 

Thanks very much!

Solved! See the solution
Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Ideapad u410 touch certain keys not working

2016-05-31, 12:52 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

From what you have described and tried already I suspect the keyboard is faulty and needs to be replaced.  If you are comfortable working inside your laptop, replacing the keyboard is a relatively easy and inexpensive task that you can do in an hour or two.  Since the fan and heat sink will have to be removed to access a keyboard screw it will be a good opportunity to clean the fan and apply some new thermal paste.  Keyboard replacements can be readily found on eBay at a good price.  Your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain the dis-assembly for accessing the keyboard.  Here is a link to that manual for your reference....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_u310_u410_hmm_1st_edition_mar_2012_english.pdf

If you are not comfortable working with your laptop then I would contact a local computer repair center in your area for the replacement.  Since your computer is no longer under warranty the repair can be done anywhere. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

05-31-2016

US

7 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Ideapad u410 touch certain keys not working

2016-05-31, 13:36 PM

Thanks very kindly! I thought that might be it, but I don't know computers beyond a basic level and wanted to check in with other people before I bought a replacement. Appreciate it!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save