10-02-2016

US

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

Ideapad u430p adaptive brightness disable issue

2016-10-02, 3:28 AM

I have had an Ideapad u430P for a couple of years and within the last week, all I see is a black screen when I try to start it up.  Nothing happens.   I have held the power button down to turn off and waited a few miniutes to days before turning back on and I still get the black screen.    I have tried the Fnc F2 button and nothing happens 

I am not able to access the battery without taking the entire cover off. 

Any ideas? 

Options

11501 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7020 Signins

739754 Page Views

• Views: 739754
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad u430p adaptive brightness disable issue

2016-10-11, 16:59 PM

Hi 4GSPs  , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try connecting it to any external display (press FN + F10 / F10 to toggle display) and check if there would be anything that would show up . 

During the process of start up , check on the power LED . Would it stay on solid white (status indicators page 29-30).? Would the caps lock / num lock respond with its led lights ?

Those above test is to isolate non display issue from a non post (power self test). 

If it is non responsive , best to have it checked with your local service provider for checking further on the systemboard. 

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete