Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

10-22-2012

Canada

20 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 1 of 2

Is my laptop charger broken or is there something wrong with my laptop (ideapad U410)?

2014-01-18, 16:44 PM

I've had my ideaPad U410 for about a year and a few months (august 2012) and it has been fine. Recently, whenever I plug in my charger in the bottom right notification tray, it doesn't show that my laptop is charging. I tried multiple times and it doesn't work. Is there something wrong? What should I do?

Where can I get a replacement if it is indeed my charger that is broken?

Thank you

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

United States of America

9980 Signins

610541 Page Views

• Views: 610541
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Is my laptop charger broken or is there something wrong with my laptop (ideapad U410)?

2014-01-18, 17:28 PM

If you can run the laptop on the battery alone then it is more than likely still being charged by the charger when the machine is plugged in.  If you know someone with a voltmeter you could have them check to be sure that the charger is outputing the correct voltage. 

If the battery is still being charged, what I would do is uninstall and reinstall the Lenovo Power Management software.  That should correct the icon probem you are experiencing.  The Power Management software can be downloaded from Lenovo's download page at the link below........

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms