cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan_ovonel
Punch Card
Views: 331
Message 1 of 6

KEYBOARD / TOUCHPAD ERRORS (U530 ideapad)

LIST OF KEYBOARD ERRORS  (12:36 PM 9/16/2015)
U530 Touch Laptop (IdeaPad) 20289

Windows 10 (64bit)

key  - result
Esc = q
F6  = i
F7  = no response
W   = \w
E   = F4 (close window)
R   = gr
U   = hu
I    = F6 (deactivate touch pad)
P   = 'p
7   = 79
9   = 79
G   = gr
H   = hu
'   = 'p

someone mentioned it could be a BIOS problem?.....
HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP, PLEEAAASSSEEE!!!
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 325
Message 2 of 6

Re: KEYBOARD / TOUCHPAD ERRORS (U530 ideapad)

Hi Ryan_ovonel,         

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the keyboard in your Lenovo U530 laptop.

This could be issue with the keyboard language, try to change the keyboard layout, go to control panel select region and language option and select keyboard and languages option and select change keyboard and check for the issue.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

ryan_ovonel
Punch Card
Views: 318
Message 3 of 6

ENGLISH (UNITED STATES)

US Keyboard.

Thanks for your response, however.....

it's certainly not the issue ...

Something is strange, the errors are present "from time to time" and only appear on Start / Restart ....

They are de-activated somehow, and the machine begins to function properly.

Some days I can work for an entire afternoon without errors, but it seemingly randomly falls back into the error pattern on some restarts/starts .... (I have not been able to detect exactly when and why it happens)

I JUST NOTICED THAT THE TOUCH PAD ALSO ACTED UP when I plugged in a Logitech mouse....

I could not activate the touch pad ... not even with the F6 key .... I had to restart the computer....

I thank you for your response, and ASSURE YOU that I am here, ANXIOUSLY AWAITING ASSISTANCE and will provide you with any further information you may need to help me to resolve this very ANNOYING issue.

Thanks again for your help ....

(keep it comin' !!!)

;-)

Ryan

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 302
Message 4 of 6

Hi Ryan_ovonel,  

Thank you for the information

Please keep the laptop under observation for few days and reply with the result, also boot the system into safe mode and check if you are facing the same issue.

Also try to connect the external keyboard if available and check if you are facing the same issue.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

ryan_ovonel
Punch Card
Views: 258
Message 5 of 6

STILL acting up.

Clean install of Windows 10

Update / Flash BIOS

Update ALL drivers.

...all CLEAN and new-like ....

Still does it's silly things from time to time ... (remember the F6 produced an 'i', and vice-versa?

I've discovered that the F6 key (activate and deactivate "touchpad") can curb the problem...

When I see it happening, I simply press the F6 slowly and repeatedly until it stops producing the letter 'i'...

It's kinda like the way I learned to deal with the little "idiosyncrasies" of my 1970 Chevy convertible when I was back in high school....but I don't seem to have the same patience or tolerance (or affection!) for this laptop....

Anything else I can try before having to send it in to repair? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 251
Message 6 of 6

Hi Ryan_ovonel, 

Did you try with external keyboard?

If the external keyboard is working fine then it is issue with the keyboard, also check in the safe mode if still same issue then visit the nearest service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards, hope this helps         

Ashwin.S

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals