cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moh27
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,493
Message 1 of 10

Lenova Ideapad U410 Battery not Charging!

my ideapad u410 is not even a month old i noticed this week that my bettery wont charge at all. when i hover my mouse over the battery it says (plugged in, not charging) and its stuck at 60%. the power plan that i have selected is Balanced

is there a quick fix to this, need help!??

thank you

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 8,430
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenova Ideapad U410 Battery not Charging!

Hi
There is a setting in lenovo energy management which limits the battery charge limt to 60% and there after stop charging tilll battery level falls down to around 55%. This is the battery protection mode(In some laptop it is optimize for battery life or similar). Just open energy management and go to battery settings by clicking the icon. So your battery might be fine.
Regardd
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
martinianpaul
What's DOS?
Views: 7,879
Message 3 of 10

I don't understand why the battery will not charge to 100%?  Why not? Can someone from Lenovo please reply?

Jebcovet
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 7,869
Message 4 of 10

Just read the post above yours!

Ideapad Z585 A10-4600m, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory, 960GB ADATA SP550 SSD, TS -LB23L DVDWBD with LightScribe, Win7 64bit
robf
What's DOS?
Views: 6,703
Message 5 of 10

The reason why the battery won't charge above 60% is because the system has been configured for 'Optimised Battery Health'.  This optimises battery life which means it won't deliver a full charge into the battery.

If you want to put a full charge into the battery you need to configure the system for 'Maximum Battery Life'.  This configuration can be made  in the Lenovo Energy Management application (default location of this app = C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\" and application name is 'energy management'.

mikelinden
Paper Tape
Views: 6,060
Message 6 of 10

The battery of my U410 used to last 6-8 hours. Now it only lasts 2.5 hours :/

rbrivkin
What's DOS?
Views: 5,742
Message 7 of 10

Hello,

I am new to this community and found this thread when I was searching for a solution to the same problem, which started all of a sudden. I found the energy management exe file as describe in this thread, but what to I do now. when I click in the file, nothing happens. your help is appreciated.

Richard

robf
What's DOS?
Views: 5,733
Message 8 of 10

Hi Richard,
The other way to access this utility is to go into Control Panel (Windows Key + x)
Go to Hardware and Sound
Go to Power Options
Choose 'Change Plan Settings'
Choose 'Change Advanced Power Settings'
Click on the 'Lenovo Energy Management' Tab
Click on the 'Enable Lenovo battery management' button

This should give you the Lenovo Energy Management module, Battery options are in dark pink.

Hope this helps,

Rob
subashdas
What's DOS?
Views: 2,902
Message 9 of 10

my ideapad u410 is not even a month , over the battery it says (plugged in, not charging) and its stuck at 60%. the power plan that i have selected is Balanced

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,892
Message 10 of 10

@subashdas wrote:

my ideapad u410 is not even a month , over the battery it says (plugged in, not charging) and its stuck at 60%. the power plan that i have selected is Balanced

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

If your computer is staying at 60% then it is set for Best Battery Health or Conservation Mode in the Lenovo Energy Management settings. This option is for laptops that are plugged in all the time as continued charging at 100% will shorten the battery's overall life  Energy Management is different than the Windows Power Plan settings.  To access the Lenovo Energy Management settings just click your mouse on the battery icon in the Task Bar.  Once in Energy Management you can then choose between Best Battery Health (Conservation Mode) or Best Battery Life (Runtime).

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors