Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheEvilMuffin
What's DOS?
Views: 678
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer U410

Hi I was just wondering about a few things.

I recieved my U410 and I noticed that i couldnt find the Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer that came with my U400.  Is there support for the U410 for the boot optimizer?

Also the U410 has two hard drives - a solid state drive and a hard drive.  I noticed that windows was installed to the hard drive which means that the computer boots from the hard drive rather than the solid state.  Is there a  reason for this?

bsciotto
What's DOS?
Views: 461
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer U410

I have the same questions...especially about windows loaded on the hard drive rather than the SSD.

lamecake
Punch Card
Views: 453
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer U410

The U410 has a 32gb mSATA SSD. In the default configuration, it is used as a cache drive (and being SSD, this ofcourse is superfast cache.). This is being done with Intel Rapid Storage technology.

To further elaborate on a 32gb ssd; it effectively has about 29gb of useable space after a format. For a regular Windows 7 install, incl the Lenovo apps (+temporary files), this would barely be sufficient. This is why it is also not reccomended to install Windows on the small SSD. (also i believe fully used capacity means worse performance and more wear/tear for an SSD)

About the EE Boot Optimizer, you can find it in the Software & Utility part of the U410 driver page;
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors