Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lenovo Energy Management for Windows 7 Part 2: Power Settings (IdeaPad)

0 Kudos
Helpful? Click ►
Started ‎08-07-2011 by
Modified ‎07-03-2013 by

Lenovo Energy Management for Windows 7 Part 2: Power Settings (IdeaPad)

by Community Moderator Community Moderator on ‎08-07-2011 02:46 PM - edited on ‎07-03-2013 07:29 PM by Lenovo Staff (39,643 Views)

This is Part 2 of the write- up for IdeaPad Series Lenovo Energy Management for Windows 7 : Power Options.

To activate this, go to 

Control panel --> All Control Panel Items -->  Power Options  --> Tab Lenovo Energy Management

Click on Enable Button.

For this walkthrough the Lenovo Energy Management (LEM) Version 6.016 that  works with all IdeaPad systems running Windows 7 was used.

LEM provides a fast switch with four predefined Power Schemes denoted by four  icons.

To see which plan your laptop is under, look for the orange indicator. Each scheme presets your laptop to charge to a certain threshold.

Energy Star Display Settings

Energy Star System

High Performance

High Performance Display Settings

High Performance System Settings

Balanced 

Balanced Display Settings

Balanced System Settings

Super Energy Saver

Note that if you choose Super Energy Saver cheme, you will get the following alert:

and you have to accept that you have admin rights at every change.

Super Energy Saver Display Settings

Super Energy Saver System Settings

If you choose Super Saver Setting an extra menu Advanced Settings comes on. Users have experienced no audio from their systems after choosing this option, so do check that your audio settings are switched on here.

Note: In Windows Power Setting there are a few options for you to adjust.

windows default is all sleep ... i prefer to set these more different ...

These let you create a power plan that complement Lenovo Energy Manager settings but these are separate.

Part one of the write- up is here;
IdeaPad Lenovo Energy Management for Windows 7 Part 1

Comments
Sentient
Core Memory
on ‎09-25-2015 06:16 AM

from where can i download Lenovo Energy Management for Windows 7 (64bit)? I have ideapad S510p. I tried downloading it from the downloads section for my model but it doesn't work. 

from here http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-s-series-netbooks/ideapad-s510...

but now it has Power Management software for Windows 8 and 8.1 there is no link for Windows 7 and earlier it was there but it would just get installed but there was nothing. no program runing only the Energy Management was visible in Program & features section. I tried using the Lenovo Energy Management  (Power Management Software) in above link which are for Windows 8  & 8.1, but they down't work properly. They don't have options for WIreless & bluetooth.