Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shevmax
Paper Tape
Views: 4,548
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Bios Update

Lenovo IdeaPad U310 with i5-3317U CPU and  Bios ver 65CN89WW (09/04/2012)

I downloaded BIOS Update file (65cn21ww.exe) from (http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/65cn21ww.exe), but after start I got a message "ERROR 233 - Only secured capsule is allowed on a SecureFlash system! Status = 1."

What am I doing wrong? How to install the update BIOS?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,529
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Bios Update

Hi
Welcome to the forum
From the data you gave, i think your bios is well upto date and that might be the cause that the bios is not updating.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Highlighted
shevmax
Paper Tape
Views: 4,526
Message 3 of 7

Official bios update date is 2012-12-29 (released 03 Jan 2013)

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,515
Message 4 of 7

Hi
Dont see the date. See the version. The two middle digits denote the bios version. So obviously your bios is newer. If you ask why your bios version newer than that on the site, i would say that it is smetimes common for the oem's to ship laptops with better version
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
BorisZ
Paper Tape
Views: 3,682
Message 5 of 7

When I tried to update BIOS from 65cn13ww to current 65cn21ww, the bloody thing extracted files to one of my working directories, but instead of starting the update (flushing BIOS), the updater just quit itself and deleted all files in that directory (including all my documents). Can it be because it detects some incompatible hardware? My U310 has Atheros WiFi card, and some posts in this forum say it's blacklisted by Lenovo? Why did they install it then in the first hand?! 

P.S. Can anyone tell me what's happened to Lenovo and how they managed to ruin the legendary IBM brand. The last good things I bought from Lenovo were T60 and X300, and both are still in use. After that - a continuous stream of crappy hardware, crappy drivers, and equally crappy support!

fluxblocker
Paper Tape
Views: 3,032
Message 6 of 7

I read a lot of bad reviews on this laptop but made the mistake of buying one anyway.  It worked great for a while after I put Windows 7 on it instead of 8, but then it took a complete ----.  Anyway, I think you can go into the bios by pressing Fn+F2, and then enable the BIOS flash-back to be able to flash to an older BIOS.  I am willing to try anything, The HDD took a crap but when I replaced it with a new one, it is not being recognized.  So I think the system board is bad, but who knows.  The tech support absolutely sucks the bag/ I got it through Costco Online and you have to use Costco support and they suck.  I will never buy from Costco Online again.  You get what you pay for.

Kanye West? Who's she?
fluxblocker
Paper Tape
Views: 3,025
Message 7 of 7

I want to downgrade mine - anything to try to fix this piece of junk - it won't recognixe the hard drive so I figured the drive was bad - replaced the drive and it still won't recognize the drive. I am afraid the system board is bad. I saw in BIOS an option called Back Flash that is supposed to let you flash it to an earlier bios but it won't run on 64-bit Windows (which is installed on the 24GB SD card).  This really sucks.  But I am going to try to flash it back to the older one and then see if it helps.  But what I don't get is WHY LENOVO WOULD NOT PUT THE NEWER BIOS ON THE WEB SITE.  This laptop is 18 months old for crying out loud.  And the newer BIOS is STILL not on the support site??? Really?  Sad. 

Kanye West? Who's she?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors