Options

2 Posts

05-14-2015

Canada

6 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Ideapad U410 randomly shuts off and external monitor grey and fuzzy?!?!? PLEASE HELP!

2015-05-14, 5:13 AM

I purchased a Lenovo Ideapad U410 Touch Core i7 in October 2013. Until recently, I have had no issues with the lapotp and praised Lenovo's quality. However, a few weeks ago I noticed my external monitor would not function correctly when plugged in at times. It would appear distorted, grey, and fuzzy with vertical coloured lines, but it was quickly resolved with a few restarts. I have tried that external monitor with other computers with no problems, so it is defintiely not the issue with the monitor.

As it progressed, my computer would start slowing down drastically, and randomly shut off. The random shutdowns were not frequent at first, however progressed until it happened every time my laptop was on (regardless of battery power or AC power). I have checked to see if it is an issue with overheating (it was not, I monitered with SpeedFan, and it never happened during heavy usage, it simply happened at completely random points in time).

I got to a point where I was trying to wipe my laptop clean (suspecting it was a virus or something), and not functioning because the computer would shut down before I could do anything. I took the computer to a local repair shop, suspecting a motherboard failure (however, I had my fingers crossed). They got back to me indiciating they analyzed the motherboard (all hardware, they didn't touch software) and there were no problems, they told me that my hard drive was the problem. To my relief, I rushed out to buy an ssd and got it swapped with my hdd. I installed Windows 7, as I had grown tired of Windows 8.1 anyways. It was working fine, and I had downloaded all the drivers until suddenly all the problems repeated themselves. My external monitor is distorted, grey, and fuzzy all over again, and the computer shuts off randomly. 

I am at my wits end, and I really can not afford another laptop as I am living on a student budget, nor can I keep borrowing my friend's laptops for assignments. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could offer a new perspective or solution. The laptop is also out of the warranty period.

I've scoured the forums to try to find solutions, and for time purposes I've tried the following already:

> Clean install WIndows (Replaced Windows 8.1 with Windows 7)

> Swapped out HDD for SSD

> Redownloaded all drivers

> Tried to roll back Display Adapter driver with no effect

> Installed latest version of Lenovo Energy Management

> Disabled bluetooth 

> Also tried disabling Nvidia VGA in BIOS

Please help someone :(

Options

2 Posts

01-19-2016

Poland

5 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Ideapad U410 randomly shuts off and external monitor grey and fuzzy?!?!? PLEASE HELP!

2016-01-19, 14:07 PM
Hello,

Do you have solution for that problem ?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms