Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PapaRingo
Paper Tape
Views: 498
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Ideapad s340 upgrades

So my old gaming laptop stopped working and my mom bought me the IdeaPad S340 as a gift, bless her heart, but she got me the intel core i3 10th generation. I can play games like pillars of eternity or divinity original sin 2 but games like the witcher 3 or final fantasy xv have some lag on the lowest settings. What can I upgrade to enhance gamming, without voiding warranty? Thanks 

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 466
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Ideapad s340 upgrades

Hi PapaRingo!

Welcome to the community forums.

I check the specifications of the Lenovo S340 https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Lenovo_Laptops/ideapad_S34015IIL?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and the upgrades that is recommended for the laptop is to install an SSD and RAM upgrade. Based on the specifications of the laptop, the maximum is only up to 16GB which is the tested RAM for the laptop. Technically, the RAM capacity depends on what processor you have on the laptop. Since you have i3 10th Gen processor, based on the Intel website, it can hold up to 64GB. You can check that information here https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196588/intel-core-i3-1005g1-processor-4m-cache-....

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

PapaRingo
Paper Tape
Views: 453
Message 3 of 4

Thank you MarkVin, for the info and the links. Have a great day mate

mhchin
What's DOS?
Views: 99
Message 4 of 4

Can memory sticks above 2666 MHz be used? The i71065G7 supports up to DDR4-3200 MHz.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors