Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etfhan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,283
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Ideapad u430 won't turn on!

I was using my laptop this morning, closed the lid, and went on to use the wifi from my phone (my wifi is weird in that I can only have one device connected at a time. I don't think this is relevant, but who knows?)
When I went back to my laptop and opened the lid, it didn't start up from hybernation. I noticed that the battery light was blinking orange, so I plugged it in. Now the battery light comes on as white (which means charging but not critical battery life.)

But when I push the power button, nothing at all happens. The power button usually glows when it's powering up, but now it doesn't do that. Nothing at all happens, except for the glowing white light aignifying charging when it's plugged in.

Also, I notice that when it is plugged in, and when I press and hold the power for some time (10-20 seconds) the charging light will stop glowing for a bit. But beyond that, nothing happens: no fans, no sounds, nothing. This is one of the worst times for this to happen, since I have so much to do on my computer.

Thanks in advance for reading this, and thank you for any help you can give.
Guru
Views: 1,237
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Ideapad u430 won't turn on!

Seems like possibly a hardware issue. Best way I see you can deal with this is contact support. You can submit a warranty claim, live chat, or schedule a call back at support.lenovo.com

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

etfhan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,227
Message 3 of 8

I tried calling the support number, but the people couldn't hear me at all and hung up on me (I called twice and was able to hear them fine.) I am not in my home country and won't be for several months, so I can't access my receipt or warranty info which is back home.

I took it today to something like a Best Buy, and after they looked at it and couldn't figure it out, they said to send it for repair. But again, since I am not home, I would like to avoid doing that. Is there nothing I can do?
Guru
Views: 1,225
Message 4 of 8

If you brought it at Best Buy and have the receipt, the Geek Squad could look into it for you. You can live chat Lenovo support Monday through Fridays. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

etfhan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,223
Message 5 of 8

I will look into live chat,though I think I already did and they hung up on me.

I did buy it at a Best Buy, but I am not in America right now, so I can't bring it in to geek squad. I tried at the "equivalent of Best Buy" in the country I am in, but they couldn't do a thing.
Guru
Views: 1,218
Message 6 of 8

Ah, I see. Live chat would be the best option, you should also change your region to USA, so you will chat to a US rep. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

toantq
What's DOS?
Views: 1,194
Message 7 of 8

you can try to remove the battery and reinsert
philygee
Paper Tape
Views: 894
Message 8 of 8

Hi There,

I'm having the same issue with my Ideapad u430 and was wondering if you ever got yours fixed.

Similar story: I seem to remember it being low battery the last time I used it, but it was working fine. I didn't use it for a few days, and when I went to turn it on, it would not power on. I figured the battery was dead and plugged it in. The battery LED flashed orange so it must have been dead, but it still wouldn't turn on. After a while (maybe 20 minutes?) the LED turned white, still flashing (so far I think these are normal colours indicating that the battery is charging). Still no power though.

I've tried unplugging the battery and replugging it, still nothing. I also just noticed that the battery LED does not turn on anymore (maybe it's fully charged?). Any advice?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors